rubicon gone

Old June 28th 05, 02:54 PM
Nathan W. Collier

Default rubicon gone

since my refrigeration company is growing faster than my ability to finance
it i had no other realistic choice but to unload the rubicon to get another
service truck. after failing miserably in an ebay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4556854501 i
finally said screw it, puckered up for the screwing, and traded it on a new
big horn dually 4x4 cummins
http://utilityoffroad.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4526
surprisingly i seemed to make out pretty well (considering i traded a
vehicle only a couple months old AND my '01 dodge simultaneously, keeping
the '04.5 cummins).
i have picked up a cj8 (pics coming soon) to jeep in the meantime and if our
rate of growth continues ill pay cash for my next rubicon.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 28th 05, 03:14 PM
FrankW

LOL
OK who won the pool?

Old June 28th 05, 04:56 PM
Billy Ray

According to the Kelly Blue Book www.kbb.com which uses the "asking" prices
the value of a 2005 Rubicon with 1086 miles is as follows.
Trade-in: $19,125
Private Sale: $21,580
Retail: $24,160

Your Buy-it-now proce was more than the retail value and the final bid was
above its wholesale value.

What was your Reserve Price?

Old June 28th 05, 05:04 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Billy Ray" > wrote in message
> According to the Kelly Blue Book www.kbb.com which uses the "asking"
> prices the value of a 2005 Rubicon with 1086 miles is as follows.
> Trade-in: $19,125
> Private Sale: $21,580
> Retail: $24,160

i got $21,500 for my '03 rubicon last year and it was over a year old with
13000 miles or so when i sold it.

> Your Buy-it-now proce was more than the retail value and the final bid was
> above its wholesale value.

thats pretty bad on a vehicle that stickered for over $29,000 just a couple
months ago.

> What was your Reserve Price?

$24,399. after the auction failed i relisted it and threw in free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4558843304
(still need to cancel that listing) and after getting emails offering me
similar amounts i said screw it and just unloaded it at the dealership.
since ive already bought 2 trucks from them (an '04.5 cummins last august,
and an '01 cummins last november) they did me really good (for a car
dealership anyway) on the '05.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 28th 05, 05:20 PM
Billy Ray

Depreciation's a bitch.

I would say something really nasty about car salesmen but I have bought my
last four vehicles (Cherokee, Audi A4, Audi A6, Grand Cherokee) from my next
door neighbor and he gave me a vastly better deal than the other dealers in
the Dayton-Cincinnati area. That and when service is needed he brings home a
new demonstrator and takes mine in the next morning.

There are honest people out there in a business generally regarded with
distain. The problem is the honest ones make less money than the majority
"sack-o-$hit" examples in the industry.

Old June 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Billy Ray" > wrote in message
> There are honest people out there in a business generally regarded with
> distain.

i agree, but in general id bet most of them have scales and slither on the
ground when nobody is looking. :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 28th 05, 05:33 PM
thomas

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

> since my refrigeration company is growing faster than my ability to finance
> it i had no other realistic choice but to unload the rubicon to get another
> service truck. after failing miserably in an ebay auction
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4556854501 i
> finally said screw it, puckered up for the screwing, and traded it on a new
> big horn dually 4x4 cummins
> http://utilityoffroad.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4526
> surprisingly i seemed to make out pretty well (considering i traded a
> vehicle only a couple months old AND my '01 dodge simultaneously, keeping
> the '04.5 cummins).
> i have picked up a cj8 (pics coming soon) to jeep in the meantime and if our
> rate of growth continues ill pay cash for my next rubicon.

I didn't know there was anyone worse than me as far as unbridled
carswapping...until now. Congrats on the biz. venture, tho.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old June 28th 05, 05:35 PM
IsellJeeps

easy now nate

--
Jarod Sprauer

Talk is JEEP at
www.sprauermotorsports.com
281-807-JEEP (5337)

Old June 28th 05, 06:42 PM
Billy Ray

If you say the words 'Jake the snake" everyone here in town knows who you
are talking about..

Old June 28th 05, 07:24 PM
Eric

Wow, never thought I'd see someone go through TWO rubis... ;-)

Wish I could afford just ONE!

I was going to say that price was a little high, Nathan, for someone that
doesn't know how you care for vehicles. Interesting to see you're going to
go from a Rubi to a CJ.... hmm... I'd thought about buying a Rubi
(unlimited, of course) but got to thinking -- that's a lot of money for a
toy. I'll just pay this one off in the next couple of years, then buy a
truck to drive every day that will double as a tow rig. MUCH cheaper in the
long run. And I don't have to worry about keeping my TJ as a daily driver!
:-)

Eric
"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> since my refrigeration company is growing faster than my ability to
> finance it i had no other realistic choice but to unload the rubicon to
> get another service truck. after failing miserably in an ebay auction
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4556854501 i
> finally said screw it, puckered up for the screwing, and traded it on a
> new big horn dually 4x4 cummins
> http://utilityoffroad.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4526
> surprisingly i seemed to make out pretty well (considering i traded a
> vehicle only a couple months old AND my '01 dodge simultaneously, keeping
> the '04.5 cummins).
> i have picked up a cj8 (pics coming soon) to jeep in the meantime and if
> our rate of growth continues ill pay cash for my next rubicon.
> --
> Nathan W. Collier
> http://7SlotGrille.com
> http://UtilityOffRoad.com

any opinions on the Rubicon "Unlimited" L.A. Jeepster Jeep 9 June 10th 05 03:47 AM
2005 Rubicon Gas Mileage Campbell C Freeman Jeep 11 May 5th 05 05:22 PM
Kudos to Rubicon Express! John Jeep 4 April 30th 05 12:27 AM
Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Limited Edition - Premiere Sweepstakes 2005 Shrike Jeep 2 March 24th 05 12:30 PM
Buying Rubicon - 2004 or 2005 alan Jeep 4 January 8th 05 06:57 PM