NR2005

Old June 25th 05, 01:12 AM
Adam

Hence why I said it was a "stand-alone game".

i.e. you don't need NR2003 in any way, it was completely converted from
NR2003 and made available for download as a standalone product. Obviously
it is kinda hard to find, seeing as it is completely illegal in every way.
Still quite a quality piece of software, 10 times better then NR2003 and 100
times better then Nascar SimRacing.

oups.com...

Old June 25th 05, 02:57 AM
Darus

I'll stick with the superspeedway.net season updates. It's a bit more
accurate and the billboards aren't blurry. This one has some good
points, and I have to see about merging the two of them together.

Old June 25th 05, 04:50 AM
jason moyer

It's not hard to find, you can get it from raceservers.net. The guy
who runs the site (mistakenly) thinks he's not doing anything illegal,
which is hilarious.

Old June 25th 05, 04:53 AM
Bob V

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
: It's not hard to find, you can get it from raceservers.net. The guy
: who runs the site (mistakenly) thinks he's not doing anything illegal,
: which is hilarious.

What's hilarious is I guess FIRST is/was so busy chasing McArthur, this
quality piece of work has apparently slipped under the radar.

Old June 25th 05, 04:55 AM
rb21

I can't get it to work. Everythings ok until I click to go race and it
keeps saying "Could not initialize the replay system" and then it says
"Cancelling weekend" Any thoughts? Thanks

Old June 25th 05, 08:41 AM
jason moyer

Bob V wrote:

> What's hilarious is I guess FIRST is/was so busy chasing McArthur, this
> quality piece of work has apparently slipped under the radar.

I'm not going to jump on the FIRST-bashing bandwagon, but I'll admit
that I don't understand how they can be sending demeaning emails to Tim
or to the Pits guys while a site like raceservers continues to offer up
things that are blatantly illegal, and in other cases, highly unethical.

Old June 25th 05, 08:45 AM
jason moyer

Darus wrote:
> Better get this one while it still exists!

Eh, if you don't get it it's not a big loss. All they did was rename a
nocd.exe and stuff a pile of other people's work into a giant zipfile.
The models are the same as the default N2003 and PWF CTS models. I've
heard rumors that the .exe is from the work BrianRing was doing, but I
can't find any evidence of the physics having been changed. If they
were, it's beyond subtle. The tracks and track-graphic updates can all
be downloaded elsewhere, as well as the loading screens and carsets.
You could put together a similar install from files available at
nascarnet.com without breaking any laws, and you'd be downloading far
less than 700 megs.

Old June 25th 05, 02:08 PM
jwilson54

I'll say it again,until a case goes to court the legality of modding an
open source(papryrus released the tools to the community over a year
ago)code is still in question.However on the mod it seems to me the
physics have changed,at least to me,and it's very fun racing the AI
which nr2003 isn't.

Old June 25th 05, 03:34 PM
Tiny Lund

What setup you try (and I should aks what track?)

I was using the default fast on Watkins and infineon. I just started to
tinker with setups.

Old June 25th 05, 04:01 PM
jason moyer

jwilson54 wrote:
> I'll say it again,until a case goes to court the legality of modding an
> open source(papryrus released the tools to the community over a year
> ago)code is still in question.However on the mod it seems to me the
> physics have changed,at least to me,and it's very fun racing the AI
> which nr2003 isn't.

NR2005 allows you to play NR2003 without purchasing the product. There
is nothing remotely legal about that, regardless of how you feel about
mods.