More "pie in the sky" alternate fuel nonsense

Old June 25th 05, 02:12 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

rw wrote:
> RichA wrote:
>
>> Do we really want this kind of thing on
>> the road?

> We need something because, in case you haven't been paying attention to
> oil prices, gasoline is getting scarce,

HAHAHA!!! Who told you that, Algore??

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com
Old June 25th 05, 03:48 PM
rw

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> rw wrote:
>
>> RichA wrote:
>>
>>> Do we really want this kind of thing on
>>> the road?

>> We need something because, in case you haven't been paying attention
>> to oil prices, gasoline is getting scarce,
>>

> HAHAHA!!! Who told you that, Algore??

No, the market tells me that. The price of oil recently hit a record of
$60/barrel. Some knowledgeable observers are predicting a near-term
price of over $100/barrel.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand?

Old June 25th 05, 03:49 PM
rw

Spike wrote:

> I wonder why it is that it's OK to make jokes about the president, or
> even to slander, but say something against Al Gore and it's like
> spitting on the Pope.

Jokes are fine, but in this case something that just isn't true has
become "common knowledge."

Old June 25th 05, 04:58 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

rw wrote:

>>> We need something because, in case you haven't been paying attention
>>> to oil prices, gasoline is getting scarce,
>>>

>> HAHAHA!!! Who told you that, Algore??

> No, the market tells me that. The price of oil recently hit a record of
> $60/barrel. Some knowledgeable observers are predicting a near-term
> price of over $100/barrel.
>
> Have you ever heard of supply and demand?

Heve you ever heard of price manipulation? Please....

Old June 25th 05, 05:07 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

rw wrote:
> Spike wrote:
>
>> Or
>> how long it took Al Gore to create the internet and spread it, with
>> Bill gates help, around the globe....

> This never fails to **** me off. Gore never claimed any such thing. It's
> a big ****ing wing-nut LIE! Gore took credit, rightfully, for
> shedherding the Internet through the government and opening it to the
> public, when just about everyone else in government was completely
> uninterested and clueless. All of us who use the Internet owe him a lot
> of gratitude.

Umm excuse me, You are either ignorant, lying yourself. Algore may
have *meant* that, but that was *not* what he said. I was persoanlly
watching Good Morning America the day he said that. What he said was "I
took the iniciative in creat; to cerate the Internet...." So no, it is
*not* a lie. I witnessed it come out of his mouth and I am sure many
others did as well.

Old June 25th 05, 05:30 PM
Ashton Crusher

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:07:37 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> wrote:

>rw wrote:
>> Spike wrote:
>>
>>> Or
>>> how long it took Al Gore to create the internet and spread it, with
>>> Bill gates help, around the globe....

>> This never fails to **** me off. Gore never claimed any such thing. It's
>> a big ****ing wing-nut LIE! Gore took credit, rightfully, for
>> shedherding the Internet through the government and opening it to the
>> public, when just about everyone else in government was completely
>> uninterested and clueless. All of us who use the Internet owe him a lot
>> of gratitude.

> Umm excuse me, You are either ignorant, lying yourself. Algore may
>have *meant* that, but that was *not* what he said. I was persoanlly
>watching Good Morning America the day he said that. What he said was "I
>took the iniciative in creat; to cerate the Internet...." So no, it is
>*not* a lie. I witnessed it come out of his mouth and I am sure many
>others did as well.

And his statement is true. He helped CREATE it. He never said he
invented it, which is what the liars usually claim. He worked to get
a bill passed in congress that would provide funding for what later
became what we now call the Internet. Yet you and others want to damn
him for that and misscharacterize what he said to serve your own
partisan goals.
Old June 25th 05, 05:50 PM
Spike

Have you heard of OPEC? And I suppose you have never heard of
corporations being sued and beaten for price fixing.....

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:48:10 GMT, rw >
wrote:

>WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
>> rw wrote:

>>> We need something because, in case you haven't been paying attention
>>> to oil prices, gasoline is getting scarce,
>>>

>> HAHAHA!!! Who told you that, Algore??

>No, the market tells me that. The price of oil recently hit a record of
>$60/barrel. Some knowledgeable observers are predicting a near-term
>price of over $100/barrel.
>
>Have you ever heard of supply and demand?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old June 25th 05, 06:05 PM
Spike

You must never listen to any comedians, Jay Leno, or read anything on
the .orgs......And you think things said about the Republicans, and in
particular, the President, which were obviously either untrue, or bent
out of proportion, have not become accepted "fact"? Like the one about
President Bush knew in advance that the terrorists were going to drop
the WTC? Just as was alleged against FDR regarding Pearl Harbor?

I even heard that nobody was killed in the WTC attack. That it was
just an excuse for the US to go to war. And all the people who would
have been were spirited away before hand and are being held in Area
51, and are the basis for the show The 4400"..

Old June 25th 05, 06:08 PM
rw

Spike wrote:
> Have you heard of OPEC?

Yes. They're just being good capitalists, trying to get the most money
they can for their resource.

> And I suppose you have never heard of
> corporations being sued and beaten for price fixing.....

Not under this administration. Are you suggesting we sue OPEC? Didn't
GWB say in the campaign that he would use his Saudi connections to
jawbone OPEC for lower prices? That's worked well, hasn't it?

We've depleted our domestic supplies. Every year we import a larger
fraction of our oil. The low-hanging fruit has been picked, and new oil
fields are more and more difficult and expensive to exploit. Countries
like China have explosively increasing demand for oil. That sounds like
a recipe for scarcity to me.

By the end of the year you may have to spend $100 to fill up your tank,
and all the whining about OPEC and evil corporations isn't going to do
you any good.

Old June 25th 05, 06:13 PM
Spike

create.... invent.... semantics..... and he never said he helped his
uncle clear his land of trees with an axe in order to grow crops. As
I recall, Al Gore is a baby boomer. As I further recall, that which
would become the internet was a system developed during WWII between
several universities in order to share information for the dev
elopement of the atomic bomb. That universities had been sharing
information using that system ever since. I do not see how he could
have helped create something which already existed and was being
funded.

Even the Democratic party has turned it's back on him, and denounced
his rhetoric as too rabid to win an election. A decision Hillary
happily accepts....