Selling Privately?

Old June 25th 05, 05:37 PM
Vik Rubenfeld

Default Selling Privately?

Beemers often retain quite a bit of value. Do people here feel safe
inviting strangers to test-drive them in order to sell them privately?
Old June 25th 05, 07:46 PM
Ted

"Vik Rubenfeld" > wrote in message
> Beemers often retain quite a bit of value. Do people here feel safe
> inviting strangers to test-drive them in order to sell them privately?

1. If they arrive in a car ask for their car keys while they drive yours.
2. Check insurance cover.
3. If pos go with the person(s).
4. Beware of the stooges..........although difficult to spot. I had a
"couple" arrange to look at my car. They arrived and all seemed fine. I
asked for their car keys while they took mine off for a test. On their
return I showed them all the documents. Then they appeared disinterested
even though the car and paperwork were in excellent order. They did not even
want to make an offer even after I asked them to. Anyways off they went
leaving me rather bewildered. 30 minutes after they left I got a phone call
from a "dealer" who seemed to know everything about the car even though he
had not seen it. He then went off on one telling me how much it was worth
and I would not get what I wanted for it. I can only conclude the visitors
were his stooges. I had one other very aggressive chap which concludes at 5.

5. Put car immediately into a motor auction.........I did after 4.

ted

Old June 26th 05, 06:28 AM
tech27

Yeah sure. As long as they bring their own helmet.
Now if you were referring to BIMMERS-the cars- that's a different question.

Idiot.

Old June 26th 05, 11:47 AM
Somebody

"Vik Rubenfeld" > wrote in message
> Beemers often retain quite a bit of value. Do people here feel safe
> inviting strangers to test-drive them in order to sell them privately?

Just go with them. Never leave them unattended, no matter how good the
story, what keys you keep, whatever, they could easily arrange to completely
defraud you. It's a simple matter to forge and ownership and give you keys
and papers to a stolen car of lesser value in exchange for a used bimmer.
Or, to thrash the living heck out of it and give it back after the joyride
is over.

-Russ.

Selling Price Glenn VW water cooled 5 May 29th 05 05:21 PM
Selling MK3 Navigation and a CPT7000 phone dweezil BMW 0 December 27th 04 04:11 PM
FOR SALE (Arlington, VA): Audi S4 2001, *Low miles*, Manual, Silver, Original Owner selling - $26500 @| Audi 0 May 15th 04 06:17 AM
FOR SALE (Arlington, VA): Audi S4 2001, *Low miles*, Manual, Silver, Original Owner selling - $28000 @| General 1 May 15th 04 06:12 AM