Facelifted 7 Series

Old January 13th 05, 08:34 PM
Steve Garey

Default Facelifted 7 Series

I heard a whisper that details of the facelifted 7 series have been given to
BMW dealers today. Anyone got any details?

Cheers

Old January 13th 05, 10:50 PM
Frank Kemper

"Steve Garey" > haute in die Tasten:

> I heard a whisper that details of the facelifted 7 series have been
> given to BMW dealers today. Anyone got any details?

German car mags report that the sale starts in spring.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old January 14th 05, 06:05 PM
bfd

January 27 is when pics of the 7 series *face-lift* will be released:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e65/6124591-1.html

Old January 14th 05, 07:56 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I keep seeing a V12 7-Series in my neighbourhood. Looks pretty impressive
to me. The Merc CLS might give it a run for its money, though... :-)

DAS
---

ups.com...

Old January 15th 05, 03:57 AM
Michael Low

I saw 2 CLSs in Stuttgart last Fall. One was in classic Merc Brilliant
Silver and was quite stunning...and then there's the AMG model, really
nice.

However, I thought the CLS interior is derived from the the current
E-Klasse. If that's true then the 7er should be more roomy, especially
in "iL" format - which is really the model to have a 7er in.

Old January 15th 05, 12:14 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

You are probably right - I was thinking more about the appearance,
especially from the side.

What took you to Stuttgart? Collecting a car...?...

DAS
---

oups.com...

Old January 15th 05, 05:12 PM
Michael Low

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> You are probably right - I was thinking more about the appearance,
> especially from the side.
>
> What took you to Stuttgart? Collecting a car...?...

Well, I wish. I was actually in Germany on business and it was a good
location for me to pick up my rental and I had always wanted to see the
town. it's a really nice place nestled in a gentle valley. I think
the word "gem=FCtlich" would be an apt description, very livable.

Old January 15th 05, 07:52 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, the whole south is very pleasant. Also the home of sunrise industries
like electronics. Not to mention that troika: Merc, BMW and Porsche.

In 1986 I took delivery of a W124 230E there. On arrival at the airport the
taxi driver knew to where to take me even before I had finished the
sentence...the majority of taxi clients wanted Merc or IBM... (Stuttgart is
the HQ of IBM Deutschland.)

Maybe you're in electronics (even if you didn't actually do your business in
Stuttgart)?

DAS
---

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> You are probably right - I was thinking more about the appearance,
> especially from the side.
>
> What took you to Stuttgart? Collecting a car...?...

Well, I wish. I was actually in Germany on business and it was a good
location for me to pick up my rental and I had always wanted to see the
town. it's a really nice place nestled in a gentle valley. I think
the word "gemütlich" would be an apt description, very livable.

Old January 16th 05, 05:49 PM
Michael Low

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> Yes, the whole south is very pleasant. Also the home of sunrise

industries
> like electronics. Not to mention that troika: Merc, BMW and Porsche.
>
> In 1986 I took delivery of a W124 230E there. On arrival at the

airport the
> taxi driver knew to where to take me even before I had finished the
> sentence...the majority of taxi clients wanted Merc or IBM...

(Stuttgart is
> the HQ of IBM Deutschland.)
>
> Maybe you're in electronics (even if you didn't actually do your

business in
> Stuttgart)?

Yes, although I did not see a preponderance of local Mercedes vehicles
I did get the impression Merc and IBM were very much central to the
local economy... and no, I was not there on high-tech business. :#)

BMW 5 Series E39 Accidental Airbag Deployment BigBazza BMW 14 January 21st 05 02:30 AM
7 Series Meg R. BMW 8 January 9th 05 02:32 PM
BMW 1 series sales figures for Sept. '04 Peter Bozz BMW 7 October 12th 04 12:59 PM
1 series in North America? Robin S. BMW 29 October 11th 04 09:19 PM
Workshop manual Spider series 4 Alfaspider Alfa Romeo 0 June 17th 04 10:27 PM