Hurricanes Really Blow, Literally

Old July 9th 05, 07:32 PM
SVTKate

"dwight" > wrote in message
: "SVTKate" > wrote in message
: hlink.net...
: > Hey dwight...
: > no foolin... if you need a place to hide out.
: > We are in Henderson county.
:
: Appreciated, Kate, but I'm not leaving this new place. (I had so much fun
: doing my "forensic gardening" last weekend that I didn't go anywhere. And
: didn't want to.)
:
: By the time Dennis gets here at the end of next week, we'll probably need
: the rain.
:

I know WE do. Our place has cracks so deep in the clay that I swear a
Chinaman is hollering at me from the other side of the big one by the back
porch.

Forensic gardening?

I'd like to know more about THAT!
We have had some interesting discoveries on our place. Nothing to shout
about, just weird little heaps of junk hidden amongst the leaves.

Old July 9th 05, 09:33 PM
Spike

What? Ya don't like the shave door look? : )

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:18:12 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>"Spike" > wrote in message
.. .
>: UH, OH!!!!!!!
>: Batten down the hatches, Ma!!!!!!
>:
>Shaddap... or I'll run up and lick the handle on your Mustang and call dibs!
>LOL
>
>Now that you HAVE handles!

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 9th 05, 09:37 PM
Spike

Philly... isn't that the other cheese place? OK, at least I was
polite enough not to mention the "City of "Brotherly Love".... LOL
Where truckers carry tire irons into the facilities at rest stops in
order to protect themselves.... That's what they claim anyway....

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:45:40 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

thlink.net...

Old July 9th 05, 09:39 PM
Spike

Forensic gardening?????? Are we growing a new crop of Jimmy Hoffas?
Or is this a politically correct name for Potter's Field burials? LOL
: )

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:44:59 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

thlink.net...

Old July 9th 05, 09:43 PM
Kidd Andersson

Spike wrote:
> They do, but I'd rather a hurricane than a tornado.

Having been through both (The Okie F-4 in 98 and last year's Florida
'canes), I tend to agree. I'd rather sit through a hurricane, which is
exactly what I said when I moved back to Florida after the F-4.

We got 17 inches of rain in June so everything is already flooded. Here
in central Florida we're a bit stressed over the rain Dennis promises,
but today's been nice and sunny thus far.

My 13 year old niece is in Pensacola right now visiting her dad. We were
going to go pick her up yesterday but at this point, traffic is
impossible to get through in or out of there. Her dad promised to take
her to a shelter.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for everyone in Dennis' path!

Kidd- sitting just on the outskirts of Orlando
Old July 9th 05, 10:31 PM
SVTKate

eewwwwwwwwwwwwww
no, I don't like shaved handles.

"Spike" > wrote in message
: What? Ya don't like the shave door look? : )
:
: On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:18:12 GMT, "SVTKate"
: > wrote:
:
: >
: >"Spike" > wrote in message
: .. .
: >: UH, OH!!!!!!!
: >: Batten down the hatches, Ma!!!!!!
: >:
: >Shaddap... or I'll run up and lick the handle on your Mustang and call
dibs!
: >LOL
: >
: >Now that you HAVE handles!
: >
: >
:
: Spike
: 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok

Old July 9th 05, 10:34 PM
SVTKate

ROFLMAO!
Actually, there IS an old Sturebaker just on the other side of our property
line hidden out in the trees. Upside down and rusted to death.
Found pieces of an old stove, and the stash where the roofers hid their
trimmings and Dr Pepper bottles. I don'[t understand why people out here
don't use construction dumpsters rather than just pushing it into a pile out
of sight.

I suppose that since we came from a place where property is at a premium, we
learned to care for every inch we could.

Kate

"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude > wrote in
message news : On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:32:28 GMT, "SVTKate"
: > wrote:
: >We have had some interesting discoveries on our place. Nothing to shout
: >about, just weird little heaps of junk hidden amongst the leaves.
:
: That's called a Toyota!
:

Old July 10th 05, 12:39 AM
Spike

Neither do I... I'm particular about what gets shaved.... which is why
they are on there.... LOL

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:31:52 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>eewwwwwwwwwwwwww
>no, I don't like shaved handles.

.. .

Old July 10th 05, 02:25 AM
Spike

do know what people pay for those Dr Pepper bottles?

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:34:10 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>ROFLMAO!
>Actually, there IS an old Sturebaker just on the other side of our property
>line hidden out in the trees. Upside down and rusted to death.
>Found pieces of an old stove, and the stash where the roofers hid their
>trimmings and Dr Pepper bottles. I don'[t understand why people out here
>don't use construction dumpsters rather than just pushing it into a pile out
>of sight.
>
>I suppose that since we came from a place where property is at a premium, we
>learned to care for every inch we could.
>
>Kate
>
>"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude > wrote in
>message news >: On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:32:28 GMT, "SVTKate"
>: > wrote:
>: >We have had some interesting discoveries on our place. Nothing to shout
>: >about, just weird little heaps of junk hidden amongst the leaves.
>:
>: That's called a Toyota!
>:

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address

vents blow alr out the defrost and florr richard Ford Mustang 8 July 5th 05 05:50 AM
1993 4x4 Explorer EEC Fuse continues to blow and engine quits. s388ra Ford Explorer 0 March 4th 05 08:42 PM
Electric Door Locks Blow Fuses Bill Hall Ford Explorer 2 February 24th 05 05:21 PM
sparkplug blow by Knight Jeep 5 January 22nd 05 03:02 AM
GW caused the Hurricanes in Fl. Mitch_A Simulators 41 November 10th 04 08:46 AM