audi a6

Old August 19th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jims Audi

Default audi a6

Does anyone know where the oil filter is on a 2.7t? I just bought the
card and want to change the oil. Also is the oilf drain plug the hex
plug I see on the fibbed pan?

Old August 19th 06, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On 19 Aug 2006 13:38:44 -0700, "Jims Audi" > wrote:

>Does anyone know where the oil filter is on a 2.7t? I just bought the
>card and want to change the oil. Also is the oilf drain plug the hex
>plug I see on the fibbed pan?

On my S4 2.7tt, the filter is located on the drivers side, near the front of
the engine, and mounted quite low. Access is from below, after removing the
big underside shield.

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old August 22nd 06, 01:46 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jims Audi

Exactly right.
Do you know where the secondary air pump is located?

Old August 22nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On 21 Aug 2006 17:46:40 -0700, "Jims Audi" > wrote:

>daytripper wrote:
>> On 19 Aug 2006 13:38:44 -0700, "Jims Audi" > wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone know where the oil filter is on a 2.7t? I just bought the
>> >card and want to change the oil. Also is the oilf drain plug the hex
>> >plug I see on the fibbed pan?

>> On my S4 2.7tt, the filter is located on the drivers side, near the front of
>> the engine, and mounted quite low. Access is from below, after removing the
>> big underside shield.
>>
>> /daytripper
>> '00 s4 6spd

>Exactly right.
>Do you know where the secondary air pump is located?

The components for the Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system are located under
the air distributor between the intake manifold and the plenum chamber.
Looking at the engine while standing at the front of the vehicle, the pump
motor is located at the back of the engine, just to the right of the engine
centerline, standing up on a bracket, and is plumbed to the right and left
Combination valves located at the rear of each cylinder head.

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old August 24th 06, 12:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jims Audi

Is this the same pump that only runs when the car is started cold? If
so, how do I change the motor?