More ****-Ugly Wheels On The Way

Old November 13th 04, 02:18 AM
Patrick

Default More ****-Ugly Wheels On The Way

As if the offset, spinners, and the monster wheels weren't enough.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101207

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 13th 04, 03:10 AM
Jim Warman

Makes me long fr the days when my Cragar SS and Appliance 5 spokes were
wrapped with N50-15s. The wheel/tire combos I see now look like they'd be
more at home on a bandsaw....

om...

Old November 13th 04, 04:31 AM
Scott Van Nest

Jim -

You know where I can pick up some Cragars for cheap? 16's look nice on the
'71 body style. But out of my price league. Actually thinking of finding
some FOMOCO hubcaps.

Scott

Old November 13th 04, 08:25 AM

Liberace would be proud. Or Elton John.

Old November 13th 04, 11:40 AM
SVTKate

I want me sum uh them with the blinkin lights that you kin spell stuff on!

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

om...

Old November 13th 04, 12:59 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Patrick opined in om:

> http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101207

Umm.. yes.. Given the wheel craze or neon, gimme those blue lights.

I wonder do these gulli-bull morons realize that 20 inch wheels make the
typical ricer look like a foot pedal kiddie car by reducing the perceptional
size of the brake systems?

I've grown to visually equate performance with rotor size... or is it just
me?
Old November 13th 04, 01:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Patrick opined in om:

> http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101207

BTW: associated SEMA article:

"The new 2005 Ford Mustang, SEMA Show’s feature vehicle, is one example of
the synergy between muscle cars and the aftermarket. The 2005 Mustang was the
winner of the first-ever SEMA Vehicle Design Awards for most accessory-
friendly vehicle"

Tha-a-a-aats right! Come out with a simple clean design and the bauble-heads
rub their hands in gleed!
Old November 13th 04, 01:33 PM
John

The top two look like solar panels on a satellite. Oogly (that's ugly
squared)!

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

om...

Old November 13th 04, 01:34 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Patrick opined in om:

> As if the offset, spinners, and the monster wheels weren't enough.
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101207
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '83 LTD

My background as a business/systems/user interface analyst brings all sorts
of uninvited random thoughts

Demographics of those interested in those wheels:

Under 30
single male
income < 35,000
primary cable channel BET or MTV
primary cable program Howard Stern
primary broadcast program Springer
magazine Stuff, FHM, Gamers World
Pro Sport NFL, WWE
PC generation Pent 1500 mhz or higher
PC apps Gaming, MP3 access
Net sites sex oriented, gaming, downloads
Primary/First Auto add-on Sound system upgrade

Old November 13th 04, 04:10 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> Patrick opined in om:
>
> > http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101207

> Umm.. yes.. Given the wheel craze or neon, gimme those blue lights.
>
> I wonder do these gulli-bull morons realize that 20 inch wheels make the
> typical ricer look like a foot pedal kiddie car by reducing the

perceptional
> size of the brake systems?
>
> I've grown to visually equate performance with rotor size... or is it just
> me?

It's an eyesore, yet always makes me chuckle when I see ricers with 17"+
wheels and those tiny little 6" drums in the back or the little 8" rotors up
front. It's even more funny when they paint their drums red or some such
flashy color in a feeble attempt to look cool with their 20" wheels. What
wanna-be posers. Morons put big flashy wheels on the crappiest cars and
think they have something nice. Yeah... Nice and gaudy!