stripping paint from flares

Old July 21st 05, 07:17 PM
Pi-Eyed Piper

Default stripping paint from flares

whoever painted my flares did a crap job and they are peeling. Does anyone
know any decent non-abrasive products that will strip paint from plastic
without destroying it?

thanks

Jason

Old July 21st 05, 09:07 PM
IsellJeeps

hit it with a pressure washer

Old July 21st 05, 11:07 PM
Pi-Eyed Piper

It's peeling but not that much. I have blasted it, not much comes off.

Old July 21st 05, 11:39 PM
DougW

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:
> It's peeling but not that much. I have blasted it, not much comes off.

I'm not aware of any paint strippers that don't melt plastic. Possibly call
your local auto repair/repaint folks or paint supply store and ask. They
might have something new.

Careful application of heat and a soft pine scraper, but generally the best
approach is to wet sand and repaint. If it's real nasty you might need to sand
down to the base plastic. If your not worried about the overall texture, go
with krylon fusion in black after a good sanding and rubbing down with alcohol.

--
DougW

Old July 21st 05, 11:57 PM
Pi-Eyed Piper

thats the paint I was thinking about heard lots of good things about it

Old July 22nd 05, 02:12 AM
DougW

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:
> thats the paint I was thinking about heard lots of good things about it

I've played with it (painted the inner fender wells) so far it's holding
up well. But then again it hasn't gone through a winter yet. A few folks
at work have done dash bits and outdoor furnature, they seem to think it
works well (at least I haven't heard any bad things).

--
DougW