Megiars Vinyl Protectant??? Aren't all "protectants" bad?

Old June 13th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Megiars Vinyl Protectant??? Aren't all "protectants" bad?

I've read that vinyl protectants are actually bad for your interior as
they act as a wick to pull more chemicals out of your vinyl as they
evaporate. But I've also seen meguiars brand of vinyl protectant at my
local auto store. Meguiars is a pretty reputable company from what I
can tell, so now I'm wondering if all the "vinyl protectant is bad for
your interior" stuff is just bull****. Does the meguiars stuff work
differently than armor all or do they all work chemically the same?

Old June 14th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On 13 Jun 2006 17:17:07 -0700, wrote:

wrote:

>I believe it has something to do with alcohol, or amount of alcohol, in
>the protectant. Supposedly Armour All is really bad. Personally, I
>use Meguiars and have had good luck with it. But do any of them really
>help protect your vinyl, who knows?
>
>Patrick
>

>> I've read that vinyl protectants are actually bad for your interior as
>> they act as a wick to pull more chemicals out of your vinyl as they
>> evaporate. But I've also seen meguiars brand of vinyl protectant at my
>> local auto store. Meguiars is a pretty reputable company from what I
>> can tell, so now I'm wondering if all the "vinyl protectant is bad for
>> your interior" stuff is just bull****. Does the meguiars stuff work
>> differently than armor all or do they all work chemically the same?

I used to use Armour All... No more. That stuff just built up layer
upon layer. As if it were not bad enough I used it, the car wash
detailing place also used it.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old June 16th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I've decided I'll just use a moist cloth to clean my vinyl interior.
What about leather though, is there such a controversy over leather
protectants? Anything I should stay away from?