clanking sound that driving me nuts. [resolved]

Old August 11th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

Default clanking sound that driving me nuts. [resolved]

Hi all:

For all who has been following the "clanking sound that driving me
nuts." thread, it has been fixed. The dust plate or dust cover was
dented and it was coming into contact with the torque converter/or was
it the engine..but they undented it and told me to bring it back if it
makes the noise again.

So who won? the guy that came closest?

Thank you all for helping me out!

-John

Old August 12th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff DeWitt

Don't you love it when an expensive noise turns out to be something
simple and cheap!

Thanks for letting us know.

Jeff DeWitt

Old August 12th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

Hi Jeff,

Since this problem only happens when it gets hot and the weather is
starting to cool down in NJ, I might not know until we get a mini heat
wave. But it's nice to know that they fixed it for me, cheap.

John

Old August 14th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

Hi all,

I think those guys finally did something right, I was clank free
yesterday [Sunday] they just got me nervous with the "bring it back if
it still make the clanking sound" comment.

There I went and jinxed it!

-John.

Old August 14th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
EDWARD BELLUS

That was me!!! I WON!!! I WON!!! What did I win?! LOL!!

Old August 14th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

LOL, yes. If you ever in the NJ area, a free lunch and inspection of my
jeep, hehe.

Old August 16th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
EDWARD BELLUS

Throw in the beer & hookers....deal!!! I can drink enough to just break
even on gas money spent. LOL!!

http://community.webtv.net/EDdaTREE/MUDTHUGS4X4CLUB

Old August 18th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John[_6_]

Ah, I see you are familiar with the finer things my life, my friend.
Where are you located?
Gas is cheap in NJ, $2.83 now.