Adding cruise control to 2006 base PT Cruiser

Old October 1st 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Scott Koprowski

Default Adding cruise control to 2006 base PT Cruiser

Does anyone know if you can add an oem Chrysler speed control to a base 2006
PT? My dealer said the kits aren't available for the 2006, only the 2005.
Speed control is not an option for the base PT and I would like to add the
factory speed control that they put on the touring and limited editions.

Old October 1st 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

audiovox sells a unit that has been a good product for many years

Old October 1st 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Scott Koprowski wrote:

> Does anyone know if you can add an oem Chrysler speed control to a base 2006
> PT? My dealer said the kits aren't available for the 2006, only the 2005.
> Speed control is not an option for the base PT and I would like to add the
> factory speed control that they put on the touring and limited editions.

Look at the wiring diagrams for the '05 and '06 and see if they are
unchanged (which I would bet good money that they are not changed).
IOW, I would be surprised if the '05 kit wouldn't work plug-n-play on an
'06. (Not knowing anything about the Cruiser, I may have to eat my
words - but I doubt if serious changes were made between '05 and '06
that would preclude use of the kit.)

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old October 1st 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Charlie Deludo

philthy wrote:
> audiovox sells a unit that has been a good product for many years

We have an Audiovox unit on my daughters Contour, was on it when we
bought it and it has stalk mounted controls. It looks just like factory
and has worked flawlessly.

> Scott Koprowski wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if you can add an oem Chrysler speed control to a base 2006
> > PT? My dealer said the kits aren't available for the 2006, only the 2005.
> > Speed control is not an option for the base PT and I would like to add the
> > factory speed control that they put on the touring and limited editions.

Body Motion Control Computer Problem on 1997 Plymouth Van W. Watson Chrysler 14 November 27th 06 01:06 AM
2004 Accord EX Cruise Switch Leah Ann Honda 9 August 23rd 06 05:04 PM
Cruise control weirdness Peter 4x4 1 May 18th 06 08:31 AM
AWA [OFFER] Complete Cruise Control Kits for Ford Vehicles [email protected] General 0 February 28th 06 06:03 PM
Durango cruise control problem Big Al Dodge 7 August 5th 05 01:13 AM