1997 Grand Caravan Sport clockspring install

Old February 25th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Monster Zero

Default 1997 Grand Caravan Sport clockspring install

Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of research,
checking the Chrysler site to see if my van qualifies for the recall and it
doesn't. Does anyone here have any advice for me before I take on this
endeavor? I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined and have done a
lot of my own repairs on Chrysler vehicles I have owned through the years.
The main reason I'm doing it myself is lack of funds to pay a garage or
dealership to do it, so those suggestions are pretty much out. I've decided
I'm doing this myself. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA

Old February 25th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_27_]

It's pretty basic.............

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10069.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10070.jpg

Old February 25th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Monster Zero

"Steve" > wrote in message
> It's pretty basic.............
>
> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10069.jpg
>
> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10070.jpg

Very nice Steve! Thanks a million!

Old February 26th 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Angell

"Monster Zero >" <remove bra> wrote in message
> Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of
> research, checking the Chrysler site to see if my van qualifies for the
> recall and it doesn't. Does anyone here have any advice for me before I
> take on this endeavor? I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined
> and have done a lot of my own repairs on Chrysler vehicles I have owned
> through the years. The main reason I'm doing it myself is lack of funds to
> pay a garage or dealership to do it, so those suggestions are pretty much
> out. I've decided I'm doing this myself. Any help is much appreciated.
>

> TIA

My 98 GC had the clock spring break and I called the Dodge dealer who told
me there is no recall but there is a lifetime warantee on the clock spring.
Why don't you call a local dealer service dept. with your vin number and ask
to be sure before you waste your money.

Old March 1st 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Monster Zero

"Angell" > wrote in message
> "Monster Zero >" <remove bra> wrote in message
>> Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of
>> research, checking the Chrysler site to see if my van qualifies for the
>> recall and it doesn't. Does anyone here have any advice for me before I
>> take on this endeavor? I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined
>> and have done a lot of my own repairs on Chrysler vehicles I have owned
>> through the years. The main reason I'm doing it myself is lack of funds
>> to pay a garage or dealership to do it, so those suggestions are pretty
>> much out. I've decided I'm doing this myself. Any help is much
>> appreciated.
>>

>> TIA
>>

> My 98 GC had the clock spring break and I called the Dodge dealer who told
> me there is no recall but there is a lifetime warantee on the clock
> spring. Why don't you call a local dealer service dept. with your vin
> number and ask to be sure before you waste your money.

Will check it out but the Chrysler site said only vehicles with 70k miles or
less.

Old March 1st 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Angell

Dodge dealer in Elmhurst IL replaced mine at 153000 miles and 10 years old
and told me clock spring will be replaced free regardless of age or miles.
But the dealer needs to run the vin number in his computer to tell for sure.