iRacing - I went and joined!

Old August 9th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rob P

Default iRacing - I went and joined!

Thanks to a kind soul on the RSC forums, I got an invitation and did my
first driving tonight. It's quite late so only managed a few practice laps
around Lime Rock in the default Solstace with no setting up. So far I'm
having a blast. I was expecting the solstace to have GPL ice rink like
handling, instead it handles like some of the slower cars in GTR2. I think
the combination of this car and Lime Rock will make for some good racing,
although I found places to overtake quite hard to come by.

Like Andrew, I'm not a fast driver and expect to be at the back, although in
practice I was significantly faster than at least one other person. Managed
to post a time of 1.11.986, which I guessing isn't competitive because I'm
not really pushing the car to the edges yet. Need to browse around a little
and see what kind of times I need to be shooting for.

The drivers I drove with were very courteous and there were no driver-driver
incidents.

I can see me getting seriously addicted to this game. Just got to brush up
on my technique!

RobP

Old August 9th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Welcome Rob, it's a great place and even if there were incidents it
isn't a problem unless they are obviously intentional.. See you out
there!

Gary R.

Old August 9th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Aug 9, 5:03*am, "Rob P" > wrote:
> "Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
>
> ddress_disguised...
>
> > (Rob P) wrote:

> >> Need to browse around a little
> >> and see what kind of times I need to be shooting for.

> > I believe the aliens are doing 1:02. I can manage to get just under 1:07
> > if there's a stiff breeze down the finishing straight. ;-) But my natural
> > lap time seems to be between 1:08 and 1:09. If I go any faster I haven't
> > got time to play i-spy as I go round the track.

> > Welcome toiRacing. Just remember that if you get addicted, spend lots of
> > money, then regret it, it's not my fault, ok? I did my best to put you
> > off.... and myself. So far it's not worked very well though!

> > Andrew McP

> Yeah a guy in my qualifying did 1:03, couldn't believe it. My fastest time
> has now come down to *01:08.775, but I can't do that consistently. Even at
> the back, I think this is going to be great fun!
>
> RobP

The aliens are supposedly only braking at turn one... Crazy huh?

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Finally joined the GPL Nurburg 500 sec club Jeff Reid Simulators 16 September 19th 05 04:01 AM
it lifted, you expected, yet Aloysius never freely joined for the drawer Sgt. Grover E. Steinke Technology 0 January 17th 05 12:41 PM