clutch slipping

Old February 17th 05, 08:40 PM
tfandango

Default clutch slipping

Hi there.

This is an extreemly useful newsgroup. Saving me a lot of money.

This next issue seems out of my ability to fix, but I'll ask anyway.
My clutch seems to be slipping a little bit. I can't nail it down to a
certain gear to gear transition, it seems to be pretty random. I can
feel the engine rev (slightly) in between gears and then a subsequent
jolt when the gear engages. I've also noticed an occasional jolt when
the tranny downshifts as I'm slowing. Other times it works fine.

About 50K miles ago, I had a similar yet more pronounced problem where
it would take a lot longer to engage, not just the minor annoyance that
it is this time. The result was that Ford told me it's a common
problem and I needed to get the tranny rebuilt. 500 dollars later,
everything worked again, until now.

I'm worried that I might have to rebuild it again eventually. The Ford
service guys say they drove it and it feels fine. But, I'm afraid,
it's not. It's had regular preventative maintenance over the years.
Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks,
troy
2000 Explorer, 4WD XLT, towing package

Wrong Clutch Fork? Michael White Jeep 6 February 8th 05 02:33 AM
Need good clutch for '94 4Runner V6 Matt Lang 4x4 4 January 13th 05 11:40 PM
Wacky Clutch Peter Pontbriand Jeep 14 December 19th 04 11:42 AM
Sticky clutch pedal (A4) Robert Kidd VW water cooled 2 October 1st 04 01:07 AM
Land Rover Series 3 Clutch bc 4x4 0 August 13th 04 03:36 PM