Vandalized '91

Old September 4th 04, 04:02 PM
KWS

Default Vandalized '91

When I did this, I used a piece of wood and a staple gun to pull the slit in
the top closed (press repair sections firmly together). Do it in such a way
that once the goop dries, you can remove the staples. I used black RTV and
it seems to have worked OK.

Ken

Old September 4th 04, 07:34 PM
Art McGinn

exact same thing happened a few days ago to our '91parked on the street
in a quiet neighborhood of san franciso -- for the second time in 12 months,
and probably the same thief. l-shaped slash in top on passenger side so
thief could open the door, then somewhat expertly remove the radio -- the
second cheapest one you can buy at good guys -- even though the radio's
front had been remove to supposedly make it unattractive to a thief. many
miatas in the neighborhood, and there are about a half dozen, have been
similarly ripped off. aaa will cover, again, but we are now looking for a
hard-top. anybody got one? cheers, art

expertly remove