Lock doors automatically

Old August 13th 04, 03:06 PM
Perinouk

Default Lock doors automatically

Hi there,

I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock
automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the car
is moving.

How do I program this? Can you help?

Thnks
Jesper

Old August 13th 04, 04:49 PM
Moley

"Perinouk" > wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock
> automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the

car
> is moving.
>
> How do I program this? Can you help?
>
> Thnks
> Jesper

Hi Jesper,

Well, on the TT the autolock function is enabled via the VAGCOM maintenance
port. When enabled, the doors lock when the speed reaches about 10 mph.
Your dealer should be able to do this for you (although they sometimes do
make a charge), if the A3 has this feature.

Cheers.

Moley

Old August 13th 04, 05:46 PM
JPB357

Go to audiworld.com, select "tech" and look in the s4 section for a paper
entitled "coding the control module" The code to auto lock the doors is
detailed there. The change requires a VAGCOM unit but the dealer can do it
in a couple minutes. I had mine done at no charge, maybe it was because I
brought in a box of donuts

Old August 16th 04, 02:53 PM
Ronny

"Moley" > wrote in message
> "Perinouk" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock
>> automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the

> car
>> is moving.
>>
>> How do I program this? Can you help?
>>
>> Thnks
>> Jesper
>>

> Hi Jesper,
>
> Well, on the TT the autolock function is enabled via the VAGCOM
> maintenance
> port. When enabled, the doors lock when the speed reaches about 10 mph.
> Your dealer should be able to do this for you (although they sometimes do
> make a charge), if the A3 has this feature.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Moley

ummm what is the point in this? surely they should lock when going below
10mph as an aide to stop car jackers? what is the point in the doors locking
above 10mph, I would want my doors unlocked in the event of a crash to make
getting out easier, but I can see the benifit of having the doors lock when
going slower than 10mph. if its to stop kids getting out or somthing, surely
thats what child proof doors are for

ronny

Old August 16th 04, 04:26 PM
Graham

Ronny wrote:
> "Moley" > wrote in message
>
>>"Perinouk" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock
>>>automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the

>>car
>>
>>>is moving.
>>>
>>>How do I program this? Can you help?
>>>
>>>Thnks
>>>Jesper
>>>

>>Hi Jesper,
>>
>>Well, on the TT the autolock function is enabled via the VAGCOM
>>maintenance
>>port. When enabled, the doors lock when the speed reaches about 10 mph.
>>Your dealer should be able to do this for you (although they sometimes do
>>make a charge), if the A3 has this feature.
>>
>>Cheers.
>>
>>Moley
>>

> ummm what is the point in this? surely they should lock when going below
> 10mph as an aide to stop car jackers? what is the point in the doors locking
> above 10mph, I would want my doors unlocked in the event of a crash to make
> getting out easier, but I can see the benifit of having the doors lock when
> going slower than 10mph. if its to stop kids getting out or somthing, surely
> thats what child proof doors are for

I think you misunderstood. Once you start the car, drive away and reach
10mph the doors will lock. They will *only* unlock once you switch off
the engine and remove the ky.

If you need out in an emergency and power is not available, you simply
pull on the door lever twice and that door will unlock.
Old August 16th 04, 04:28 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Graham schrieb:

>If you need out in an emergency and power is not available, you simply
>pull on the door lever twice and that door will unlock.

And, according to my dealer, the door would unlock in a crash.

But I did not verfiy this yet *knockknockknock*

W.

Regards

Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *