cats and cars

Old September 3rd 04, 02:50 PM
DonB

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:55:20 -0400, "tonyrama" > wrote:

>Hi all
> Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep cats away from cars? Is there
>anything that can be done?
>
>Tonyrama

Out here in West (by God) Virginia, we use a stainless Ruger 10/22
with a short 4x scope.

DonB
'91 white FAI
Old September 3rd 04, 10:05 PM
tonyrama

"DonB" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:55:20 -0400, "tonyrama" > wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> > Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep cats away from cars? Is there
> >anything that can be done?
> >
> >Tonyrama
> >

> Out here in West (by God) Virginia, we use a stainless Ruger 10/22
> with a short 4x scope.
>

> DonB
> '91 white FAI

Well, I live in a little village, firearms are probably out of the question

Tonyrama

Old September 3rd 04, 10:16 PM
Dana Myers

DonB wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:55:20 -0400, "tonyrama" > wrote:
>

>>Hi all
>>Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep cats away from cars? Is there
>>anything that can be done?
>>
>>Tonyrama
>>

> Out here in West (by God) Virginia, we use a stainless Ruger 10/22
> with a short 4x scope.

That's got to be very effective, but I'd probably want the
extra excitement provided by an M77 + 7mm Rem Mag, plus clean-up
would be much easier (rinse down with a hose).

Dana
Old September 4th 04, 01:35 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"tonyrama" > wrote:

>"DonB" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:55:20 -0400, "tonyrama" > wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all
>> > Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep cats away from cars? Is there
>> >anything that can be done?
>> >
>> >Tonyrama
>> >

>> Out here in West (by God) Virginia, we use a stainless Ruger 10/22
>> with a short 4x scope.
>>

>> DonB
>> '91 white FAI

>Well, I live in a little village, firearms are probably out of the question

Especially if the cat owner can get at your paint.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old September 6th 04, 03:31 PM
tooloud

Leon van Dommelen wrote:
> "tonyrama" > wrote:

>>> Out here in West (by God) Virginia, we use a stainless Ruger 10/22
>>> with a short 4x scope.
>>>

>>> DonB
>>> '91 white FAI

>> Well, I live in a little village, firearms are probably out of the
>> question

> Especially if the cat owner can get at your paint.

Eh, what are they going to do to your paint that a cat's claws haven't
already done?

That said, I can't imagine that I'd ever have a problem with the neighbor's
cats crawling in or around any of my cars. The neighbors (and the cats)
would get exactly one warning--I'd be perfectly pleasant about it, but
there's just absolutely no way that I'd put up with this kind of thing.

That said, I can't imagine why anyone would keep one of these creepy animals
around unless they had a bad problem with mice.

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply...

Old September 7th 04, 03:54 AM
Don Kemp

Call animal control and get a humane trap. Most AC centers will come and get
cats in trap.
end of cat problem
Don