Have your say? Why bmw?

Old August 24th 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

Default Have your say? Why bmw?

I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them
quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.

One Focus was a 4-door (as opposed to hatchback) and it looked so DULL I
felt like nodding off every time I had to get in... (but still nicely built
etc - was Ghia version).

Had an Opel Meriva the other week with a very nice td engine. But oh, was I
glad I have RWD at home. Put my foot down hard and boy, what a starting
drag on the steering wheel. Maybe it's just an Opel/Vauxhall problem or
just a problem of a badly-adjusted car, but I din't like it one bit.

DAS

---

[...]

Old August 24th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article >,
Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:
>I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them
>quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.

My parents, in their 70s, have a focus. The first thing me and my
kids notice is how much faster it goes when my folks aren't in the
car. I suppose it's capable and gets good milage and all byt
my god is it dull and numb.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old August 25th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

BTW, re FWD I meant to say, "what a startLing drag on the steering wheel".

When I am inside a Focus the view out isn't that much different from other
cars, which is why I mourn the passing of the upright star on so many Merc
models. My CLK Cab is the last of its line, for example. The new model
already has a stuck-on star. Also, on older models with less-sloping
bonnets the stars are much easier to see. What one has to tolerate in the
interests of the Cw value....

DAS

---

Old August 27th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article >,
> Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:
>
>>I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them
>>quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.

> My parents, in their 70s, have a focus. The first thing me and my
> kids notice is how much faster it goes when my folks aren't in the
> car. I suppose it's capable and gets good milage and all byt
> my god is it dull and numb.

Is it really that much more dull than, say... a Honda Civic (which is
all the rage with the younger folks)?

--
-Fred W
Old August 28th 06, 02:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article >,
Fred W > wrote:
>Richard Sexton wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:
>>
>>>I have had Focuses (Foci if you prefer) and a Mondeo on hire and found them
>>>quite decent. Quite well built and appointments ok.

>> My parents, in their 70s, have a focus. The first thing me and my
>> kids notice is how much faster it goes when my folks aren't in the
>> car. I suppose it's capable and gets good milage and all byt
>> my god is it dull and numb.
>>

>Is it really that much more dull than, say... a Honda Civic (which is
>all the rage with the younger folks)?

God yes. Hondas are a blast.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old August 28th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

Unfortunately they don't feature on Avis car lists in Europe or Middle
East...

DAS

---

Old August 29th 06, 11:50 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Hi Dori,

Please allow me jump in
I just reading your former message and noted you are garment buyer in
your market.
I would like to recommend myself that we are garment supplier from
China, we can do perfect woven garment items in good FOB price, if you
feel there has any chance for our our business cooperation, please do
not hesitate to contact with me under , any
enquiry will be reply. thanks

Best regards
Joe

Dori A Schmetterling 写道:

Old August 29th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

I am?

How did you work that out?

DAS