Help with pump set up

Old October 25th 12, 03:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
Cliff100

Default Help with pump set up

Hi my first post so hope someone can help, I have set up a fibreglass
pond for my wife's ducks. She loves them to have lovely clean water so
it gets emptied often. To save doing this with buckets I purchased a
pump and connected this as an inline pump (as it stated it could be set
up on the box),the pump struggles to. Empty the pond or to start once
going its fine. Help required what am I doing wrong.

The pond is sunk into the ground approx 1 foot then it. Has approx 8
inches above ground. I have drilled a plug hole at lowest point
connected the hose which in turn goes to the pump and the outlet pumps
direct into a drainage pipe approx 8 inches below ground. The pump sits
on the ground but states it can pump 6500 litres an hour and up to a
height of approx 4 metres. I really didn't want to put the pump in the
pond as the ducks love to dive and swim under water (just had thoughts
of one getting stuck in the pipes) if I have to then I will but I feel
more advice is required.

Sorry for the very long first post
Cliff

--