Purpose of Centrifugal Clutches for 4x4's ?

Old March 6th 05, 05:35 PM

Default Purpose of Centrifugal Clutches for 4x4's ?

Folks,

I am currenly on the search for a clutch for my 4runner ... Of course
centerforce is in the consideration.

I wonder if the centrifugal clutch makes much sense in a 4x4. As here
we need clutch grip at low rpm, whereas the centerforce will start
gripping really hard once the rpm go up.

This is great for the racecar where you rev up and let the clutch out
... but does htis make sense for the 4x4?

Matt

Old March 6th 05, 09:11 PM
Painless

> schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Folks,
>
> I am currenly on the search for a clutch for my 4runner ... Of course
> centerforce is in the consideration.
>
> I wonder if the centrifugal clutch makes much sense in a 4x4. As here
> we need clutch grip at low rpm, whereas the centerforce will start
> gripping really hard once the rpm go up.
>
> This is great for the racecar where you rev up and let the clutch out
> .. but does htis make sense for the 4x4?
>
> Matt

No, unless you' re into Florida mud racing.

Frank

Old March 7th 05, 07:29 PM
Mad Dog

Most of us Florida crackers run automatics anyway...
we don't need no stinkin clutches

--
Mad-Dog.
'79 Chevy K-10