Return to the Glory Years

Old March 6th 05, 04:51 AM
Dave Henrie

Default Return to the Glory Years

Yes Sportscar fans, it has arrived. Thrill to the challenge and history
of racing GTP type cars on tracks all over the world. YEs now you can
slide into the cockpit of Chassis a, b, c, or d and continue the thrilling
battles these great marques waged through the 80's and 90's.
I've always been a fan of Chassis C, the factory has maintained a fine
reputation over the years in many types of racing, but here, Chassis C
shines forth. Truly a worthy effort.
I applaud Redline Development for getting the tiny nuances of Chassis C
down pat. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and the attention to
detail is amazing. Chassis C fans all over the world can rest assured this
is the finest recreation of the historic marque.
Now I'm off to that long track in Belgium.

dave henrie

Old March 6th 05, 05:11 AM

What on earth are you on about?

Old March 6th 05, 05:37 AM
mkdykstra

this sounds like sarcasm to me. ;-)

Old March 6th 05, 06:40 AM
Steve Whitty

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> What on earth are you on about?

I think he's talking about the new release of the GTP mod.

cheers

steve

Old March 6th 05, 09:47 AM
Tony Rickard

"Dave Henrie" wrote:

> Yes Sportscar fans, it has arrived. Thrill to the challenge and history
> of racing GTP type cars on tracks all over the world. YEs now you can
> slide into the cockpit of Chassis a, b, c, or d and continue the thrilling
> battles these great marques waged through the 80's and 90's.

A return to the glory days of unreliable CDs. Darn NR2003 CD won't read...

Old March 6th 05, 10:19 AM

Steve Whitty wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > What on earth are you on about?
> >

> I think he's talking about the new release of the GTP mod.
>

> cheers
>
> steve

Is it any good?

Old March 6th 05, 03:09 PM
Steve Smith

....only if you favor romans a clef. Yes, it's well-deserved sarcasm. (The
physics aren't any better...or more realistic...either; they just changed
the range of the settings, and the effects of same - the wing now has less
drag and a 10-deg. higher min. angle, f.e.)

ups.com...

Old March 6th 05, 03:49 PM
Ed White

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> Yes Sportscar fans, it has arrived. Thrill to the challenge and history
> of racing GTP type cars on tracks all over the world. YEs now you can
> slide into the cockpit of Chassis a, b, c, or d and continue the thrilling
> battles these great marques waged through the 80's and 90's.
> I've always been a fan of Chassis C, the factory has maintained a fine
> reputation over the years in many types of racing, but here, Chassis C
> shines forth. Truly a worthy effort.
> I applaud Redline Development for getting the tiny nuances of Chassis C
> down pat. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and the attention to
> detail is amazing. Chassis C fans all over the world can rest assured
> this
> is the finest recreation of the historic marque.
> Now I'm off to that long track in Belgium.
>
> dave henrie

Pretty funny stuff dh, if it at least plays as well as the original (Which I
*forgot* to uninstall......my bad) then we have at least a pretty darn good
simulator to play with, Lord knows the most recent Big Time Major Label
Racing Sim isn't it.....at least, not yet anyway. Livery and realistic
tracks aren't as important to me as solid multiplayer, and the "feel" of the
car, which GTP does very well. Guess I'll mosey over and join the line
now......

Ed

Old March 6th 05, 05:26 PM
vigilant

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:09:50 GMT, "Steve Smith"

http://www.redlinedevelopments.com/f...opic.php?t=154
Old March 6th 05, 07:06 PM
Paulinho

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...

> "Dave Henrie" wrote:
>
>> Yes Sportscar fans, it has arrived. Thrill to the challenge and
>> history
>> of racing GTP type cars on tracks all over the world. YEs now you can
>> slide into the cockpit of Chassis a, b, c, or d and continue the
>> thrilling
>> battles these great marques waged through the 80's and 90's.

> A return to the glory days of unreliable CDs. Darn NR2003 CD won't read...

I really dont like this... sorry..... shame