96 Jetta No Heat

Old March 4th 05, 07:06 AM
Lee

Default 96 Jetta No Heat

Took my car into the shop got it back and the main hose that connects the
radiator to the engine was unhook, there was any anti-freeze in the car, the
car was running a little hot after about 10 mile drive look i look and
notice that hose unpluged. I plug it back in and fill it with water, then i
get and got some g12 and put it in there.. mean while the coolant light is
flashing in my dash, not that i have g12 in there it's still over heating, i
only put 1 bottle in how ever. and my heat is not working... any ideas?
coolant flush? or is something else wrong now?

-Lee

Old March 4th 05, 12:32 PM
Woodchuck

Did you have heat before it went to the shop? Why did they unhook the hose?
Sounds like their problem not yours!

Old March 4th 05, 01:08 PM
One out of many daves

does yours take G11 or G12? AFAIK They don't play together well!
Or what did that shop install, or attempt to install? Or what were they
supposed to do?

I'll guess that your system is still not full yet and has too much air in
it.

JMHO
later,
One out of many daves.

Old March 4th 05, 06:12 PM
Lee

I went there for transmisson service, they claim they did not disconnect
the hose, had heat before i went there. I took it there and ask him about
some of the problems i had after I got my car back ( Spending $1500 ) , that
guy wanted to put normal anti freeze in not G11, I demand he put G11 back
in and he told me I have to leave and that i'm being immacure brat. so its
better biz bureru time... this place is a total scam shop. don't go there.

"North Seattle Transmission" <-- Scam Artist.

m...

Old March 5th 05, 02:58 AM
Woodchuck

Call your lawyer. If you had heat before and not after I say they F-ed up!
No even a dealer can mess that simple service up.

Old March 5th 05, 03:21 AM
Lee

I took my car to a shop today and had them Flush the coolant system and fill
it with G13, there's heat again.
seems to work so far..
Damn Woodchuck I wish you had a website with all your knowelge on it.

-Lee

.. .

Old March 5th 05, 04:04 AM
Matt B.

"Lee" > wrote in message
>I took my car to a shop today and had them Flush the coolant system and
>fill it with G13

G13? is that a new one?

>there's heat again. seems to work so far..

probably had an air bubble somewhere. Once I changed my coolant in my '91
and I remember the engine got pretty hot and no heat until I revved the
engine good and it somehow "burped" the system. Saw the coolant level in
the overflow drop (I had been expecting to have to add more) at that point
too so I guess there was air somewhere and revving the engine forced the air
out.

Old March 5th 05, 10:25 AM
Lee

it's red

Old March 5th 05, 12:29 PM
Woodchuck

G13, thens it's not VW stuff. As for a website, I do have one which I may
open up to everyone on a subscription plan.

Old March 5th 05, 07:04 PM
Lee

i ment g12, was late type o
red stuff