Radio question.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:56 AM
XS11E

Default Radio question.

The radio on my Miata expired some time back and the previous owner
agreed to get me a replacement. Who know one that will fit in the
space provided?

I'd like AM/FM/CD with presets and not real expensive, is there such a
critter? I need make and model number please.

Thanks!

Old March 2nd 05, 05:14 AM
Tom Garrett

click your way to bestbuy.com and check the radios out. They also have a
feature to see if the one you pick will fit in your dash.
Tom

Old March 2nd 05, 05:27 AM
XS11E

"Tom Garrett" > wrote in

> click your way to bestbuy.com and check the radios out. They also
> have a feature to see if the one you pick will fit in your dash.

OK, thanks!

Old March 2nd 05, 06:17 AM
XS11E

XS11E > wrote in
:

> "Tom Garrett" > wrote in
>
>> click your way to bestbuy.com and check the radios out. They also
>> have a feature to see if the one you pick will fit in your dash.

> OK, thanks!

Hey, I also found this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9aHGVnNWipa/cgi-
bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?lp=

Or: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y2843269A

There's a bunch for $99.99, good selection.

Old March 2nd 05, 06:31 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> The radio on my Miata expired some time back and the previous owner
> agreed to get me a replacement. Who know one that will fit in the
> space provided?

You might contact Miata electronics guru Jeff Anderson, who may be able
to bring it back to life for small change. Poke around on miata.net for
Jeff's email address.

Or just install a loud muffler and forget about the radio. Works for me.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old March 2nd 05, 06:53 AM
XS11E

Lanny Chambers > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> The radio on my Miata expired some time back and the previous
>> owner agreed to get me a replacement. Who know one that will fit
>> in the space provided?

> You might contact Miata electronics guru Jeff Anderson, who may be
> able to bring it back to life for small change. Poke around on
> miata.net for Jeff's email address.

Neither I nor the previous owner have the critter. His description
sounds to me like a 3 minute fix but he didn't, he pulled it and had an
plumbing school dropout install a horrible $1,300 kludge that I
generously told him he could keep if he'd get me a usable radio, not
something off some space craft that he didn't know how to work himself!

Installation is going to be fun, plumbing school dropout and now full
time radio installer cut wires, broke plastic, bent, prodded, massaged
and got the kludge to partially work, he didn't even know the car has
headrest speakers and hadn't hooked them up, now he's going to try and
install a radio in my car. Wanna bet I'll be watching with an eagle
eye?

> Or just install a loud muffler and forget about the radio. Works
> for me.

Not for me, I plan on making a run to California to see my sister in a
week or so, I want a radio, the freeway gets very boring... but I'll
enjoy highway 74 and 371 from Palm Desert to Aguanga! I hope I run
into little traffic, the curves tend to slow the flatland tourists down
to 3.7mph on a 45mph road.

Old March 2nd 05, 07:13 AM
gixer

It's not as though you can hear the radio anyway through those bloody ear
plugs.

Old March 2nd 05, 03:02 PM
pws

XS11E wrote:

> Not for me, I plan on making a run to California to see my sister in a
> week or so, I want a radio, the freeway gets very boring... but I'll
> enjoy highway 74 and 371 from Palm Desert to Aguanga! I hope I run
> into little traffic, the curves tend to slow the flatland tourists down
> to 3.7mph on a 45mph road.

You are in the vast majority, otherwise the stereo would not be standard
equipment on even low cost vehicles.
The only people that I have ever been a rider with who did not have a
working stereo in their car (that they also used with some regularity)
were people who had either had it stolen, had it quit working, or were
driving a dedicated track car. In all but the latter case, the person
wanted it replaced or fixed.

Pat
Old March 2nd 05, 03:10 PM
XS11E

pws > wrote in
:

> You are in the vast majority, otherwise the stereo would not be
> standard equipment on even low cost vehicles.

It's an absolutely ESSENTIAL thing for me, if I turn the volume up loud
enough it drowns out my singing and if you've ever heard me sing you'd
know how important that is! As long as I can't hear myself I can
think, "Hey, that's pretty good!" <G>

Old March 2nd 05, 03:32 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-03-02, gixer > wrote:

>>> The radio on my Miata expired some time back and the previous owner
>>> agreed to get me a replacement. Who know one that will fit in the
>>> space provided?

>> You might contact Miata electronics guru Jeff Anderson, who may be able
>> to bring it back to life for small change. Poke around on miata.net for
>> Jeff's email address.
>>
>> Or just install a loud muffler and forget about the radio. Works for me.

> It's not as though you can hear the radio anyway through those
> bloody ear plugs.

Ah, but you can. At least you can with decent speakers and
anything that will put out 25 Watts or better.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Now I can join WEIGHT
at WATCHERS!