Get Rid of Alarm

Old September 19th 06, 10:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Get Rid of Alarm

I don't need alarm in my old car, 89 civic. The alarm has some
problem causes some weird
starting problem so I need to get rid of alarm. How hard is to
uninstall the alarm system?

I think my alarm is code alarm. I do not know the model number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...35680352QQrdZ1

I found this on ebay. Can someone tell me the moder number based on the
keyless remote?

Old September 20th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I don't need alarm in my old car, 89 civic. The alarm has some
> problem causes some weird
> starting problem so I need to get rid of alarm. How hard is to
> uninstall the alarm system?
>
> I think my alarm is code alarm. I do not know the model number.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...35680352QQrdZ1
>
> I found this on ebay. Can someone tell me the moder number based on the
> keyless remote?

That is a very common FOB for Code Alarm, so it is no help in determining
the model number.

Under your dash somewhere is the brain box. Code Alarm brains are approx
3.5"x5"5"x1.5". On the bottom, either a white sticker with black ink, or
actually embossed into the ABS plastic is the wiring chart. There are 2
flavors of ignition interrupt.

A) a single wire leaves the brain box (as indicated on the wiring chart) and
goes to an external relay. That relay will have 4 wires. 1 from the brain
and 1 going to either 12v or ground (I forget which). The other 2 will be
your cars factory wire, both the same color as it was once a single wire
that the installer cut to put the relay in line with. Remove relay
attaching those 2 wires back to each other.

B) 2 interrupt wires from brain go to a pair of factory wires from Honda,
both the same color as the installer cut that wire to attach to the 2 wires
from alarm brain so alarms on board relay can be used as an interrupter.

A third option is somewhere in the car, usually on the dash, there will be
an installed LED. Hidden under the dash will be an on-off switch. Changing
that switch is ONLY recognized while the key is in the ON position.
Flipping it while the car is ON will change that LED to SOLID. SOLID means
VALET mode and all the arms functions are bypassed.

Old September 20th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Seth wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > I don't need alarm in my old car, 89 civic. The alarm has some
> > problem causes some weird
> > starting problem so I need to get rid of alarm. How hard is to
> > uninstall the alarm system?
> >
> > I think my alarm is code alarm. I do not know the model number.
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...35680352QQrdZ1
> >
> > I found this on ebay. Can someone tell me the moder number based on the
> > keyless remote?

> That is a very common FOB for Code Alarm, so it is no help in determining
> the model number.
>
> Under your dash somewhere is the brain box. Code Alarm brains are approx
> 3.5"x5"5"x1.5". On the bottom, either a white sticker with black ink, or
> actually embossed into the ABS plastic is the wiring chart. There are 2
> flavors of ignition interrupt.
>
> A) a single wire leaves the brain box (as indicated on the wiring chart) and
> goes to an external relay. That relay will have 4 wires. 1 from the brain
> and 1 going to either 12v or ground (I forget which). The other 2 will be
> your cars factory wire, both the same color as it was once a single wire
> that the installer cut to put the relay in line with. Remove relay
> attaching those 2 wires back to each other.
>
> B) 2 interrupt wires from brain go to a pair of factory wires from Honda,
> both the same color as the installer cut that wire to attach to the 2 wires
> from alarm brain so alarms on board relay can be used as an interrupter.
>
> A third option is somewhere in the car, usually on the dash, there will be
> an installed LED. Hidden under the dash will be an on-off switch. Changing
> that switch is ONLY recognized while the key is in the ON position.
> Flipping it while the car is ON will change that LED to SOLID. SOLID means
> VALET mode and all the arms functions are bypassed.

Thanks for good rebut. I find the manufacture and model #. The
alarm model is Viper 300.
The alarm brain is located behind the passinger side of under the
dashboard. I just disconnected
the packet of wires from the brain. The good news is I no longer have a
starting problem related to alarm.
It was the ignition interrution wires gave the starting problem. I
have to trace all the wires to cut it out.

Old September 21st 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Seth wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > I don't need alarm in my old car, 89 civic. The alarm has some
>> > problem causes some weird
>> > starting problem so I need to get rid of alarm. How hard is to
>> > uninstall the alarm system?
>> >
>> > I think my alarm is code alarm. I do not know the model number.
>> >
>> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-R...35680352QQrdZ1
>> >
>> > I found this on ebay. Can someone tell me the moder number based on the
>> > keyless remote?

>> That is a very common FOB for Code Alarm, so it is no help in determining
>> the model number.
>>
>> Under your dash somewhere is the brain box. Code Alarm brains are approx
>> 3.5"x5"5"x1.5". On the bottom, either a white sticker with black ink, or
>> actually embossed into the ABS plastic is the wiring chart. There are 2
>> flavors of ignition interrupt.
>>
>> A) a single wire leaves the brain box (as indicated on the wiring chart)
>> and
>> goes to an external relay. That relay will have 4 wires. 1 from the
>> brain
>> and 1 going to either 12v or ground (I forget which). The other 2 will
>> be
>> your cars factory wire, both the same color as it was once a single wire
>> that the installer cut to put the relay in line with. Remove relay
>> attaching those 2 wires back to each other.
>>
>> B) 2 interrupt wires from brain go to a pair of factory wires from Honda,
>> both the same color as the installer cut that wire to attach to the 2
>> wires
>> from alarm brain so alarms on board relay can be used as an interrupter.
>>
>> A third option is somewhere in the car, usually on the dash, there will
>> be
>> an installed LED. Hidden under the dash will be an on-off switch.
>> Changing
>> that switch is ONLY recognized while the key is in the ON position.
>> Flipping it while the car is ON will change that LED to SOLID. SOLID
>> means
>> VALET mode and all the arms functions are bypassed.

> Thanks for good rebut. I find the manufacture and model #. The
> alarm model is Viper 300.

Well then the FOB pictured in the link you posted was not for your alarm.
Code Alarm and Viper are 2 different companies (unlike Viper/Python being
the same and Code Alarm/Chapman being the same units).

> The alarm brain is located behind the passinger side of under the
> dashboard. I just disconnected
> the packet of wires from the brain. The good news is I no longer have a
> starting problem related to alarm.
> It was the ignition interrution wires gave the starting problem. I
> have to trace all the wires to cut it out.

Actually you don't have to do anything else at this point. the starter
interrupt relay is wired into your as an NC circuit (normally closed) and
the relay will stay that way unless energized. How to get around it like I
wrote up above is for a NO circuit (normally open) where the relay needs to
be energized to complete the circuit.

If you do decide to re-use the alarm and rehook it up, to put that unit into
VALET mode, with the door open using the key FOB, hit buttons 1 then 2 then
1 again. That toggles VALET mode on and off.