Is this Phantom Plate spray for license plates legal?

Old October 9th 04, 12:49 AM

Default Is this Phantom Plate spray for license plates legal?

I would like to think it is.

It sounds pretty good but I've also heard about a plastic cover that
goes over your license plate too.

Some customers have called us about them.

It might not be good for us though because according to our company
records, red light tickets account for nearly 20 percent of all our
online internet traffic school customers.

;'>

- karen

Internet Traffic School
http://www.internettrafficschool.com
Online Driving School
http://www.onlinedrivingschool.com

------------------------------------

Smile: You're on Photo Radar Camera

Unsuspecting drivers are getting surprise traffic tickets in the mail,
and many believe they are an innocent victim of a faulty automated
machine. Those drivers do not question the concept of a hidden camera,
just whether the camera can be considered accurate.

Washington (PRWEB) October 8, 2004 -- Unsuspecting victims of the
"Candid Camera" television show smile when they are caught, but these
victims of hidden traffic cameras have nothing to smile about.

Motorists sent tickets by mail for traffic violations along with a
photo of their vehicle say it is more like "big brother is watching"
than "Candid Camera." Critics say the need for added revenue has
motivated municipalities all around the world to purchase automated
photo radar units that take pictures of speeding cars without the need
for a police officer to operate the unit.

More and more drivers are claiming that they are getting "Photo Cop"
tickets unfairly because they were not actually speeding, or going
through a red light. They claim the camera is not functioning
correctly.

Despite faulty cameras that have cost municipalities millions in
damages, most police departments are undaunted by the complaints, and
they continue to put more of the units into use. Although they claim
they are motivated by safety and not revenue, it is hard for
disaffected motorists to see it that way.

PhotoBlocker (tm) spray, available at local auto supply stores and
on-line at www.PhantomPlate.com, provides motorists a simple form of
defense against faulty cameras.

PhotoBlocker (tm) is easily sprayed on a license plate. It works on
plates from any state or any country. The spray appears clear to the
naked eye, so the registration plate can be seen clearly by police
officers. However, when a photo radar camera takes a flash picture of
the plate the spray causes a bright reflection making the registration
number too difficult to read.

"When they can't see your plate they can't send you a ticket in the
mail," explains Joe Scott, marketing director for PhantomPlate, Inc.,
the firm that makes PhotoBlocker (tm).

The spray is not intended to enable people to run traffic lights and
break speed limits. It does enable law abiding drivers who are
unfairly ticketed to have a way to prevent those unjustified tickets.

"A police officer has the ability to use his human judgment and
evaluate whether a ticket is justified for someone who may be showing
up on radar just a small amount over the limit. The officer knows that
a speedometer may be slightly off, the radar unit may be slightly off,
and so he targets the speeders who are excessively over the limit and
a genuine danger to us all," said Scott.

A computerized traffic camera just takes pictures and sends out
tickets. It not only lacks human good sense, it can easily
malfunction.

Numerous tests by news organizations and police themselves shows
PhotoBlocker to be effective in preventing a Photo Radar image from
being legible. At the present time there are no specific laws against
the spray.

PhotoBlocker has been featured in news stories by the Washington Post,
NBC, CBS, ABC News, Tech TV, Norwegian TV, Dutch TV, Washington Times,
UK's Daily Mail, NewsMax.com and many, many more. To date conclusive
tests have been conducted by the Denver Police Dept., Dutch Police,
Fox News, Swedish TV, Australian TV, and British TV.

The company offers a money-back guaranty, but to date less than one
half of one percent of all customers have requested a refund,
according to Scott.

Testimonials from happy customers abound on the company's website at
www.PhantomPlate.com.

Contact:
Joe Scott
PhantomPlate Inc.
P.O. Box 1247
Washington, DC 20013
(703) 624 9318
(888) 207 7040

________________________

Internet Traffic School

http://www.internettrafficschool.com

Online Driving School

http://www.onlinedrivingschool.com

Los Angeles, CA -- October 12, 2004 -- In just a few short years, the
internet traffic school phenomeon has transformed the driving
course-traffic school industry. What began in 1996, as a small
experiment, in response to consumer interest for alternative methods
to fulfill court requirements regarding removal of traffic-related
violations, internet-based traffic violator programs like Internet
Traffic School and Driving School Online have flourished.

Terry Haggin, CEO of Internet Traffic School, one of the nation's
largest online traffic schools stated, "The interest has been
staggering. Well beyond what I ever though it would be when we started
way back in 1997. But the business model behind internet schools like
ours is unique. Our market consists of motivated consumers because
they do not want to sit in an 8 hour course away from home when they
have an alternative to do it at home or work or whereever. The vast
majority are happy to call us or find us on the web."

Motivated is right because on one hand you have a future of 8 hours
plus of boring, dull traffic-related information spent in a cold,
unfriendly environment and on the other hand a future of higher
insurance payments, driving record penalties and the potential of
having licence suspensions or in fact losing your right to drive.

"Another unique aspect of this is that we actually have the police
officers and the courts working with us. The officers see violations,
write tickets and then the court steers our students directly to us.
The officers and the courts like people to go internet schools because
people learn more. In every internet school, they have to take tests
to pass while in a classroom all you have to do is endure the time
until it is over."

So who loses in this? Apparently, the in-class schools do.

Their market share has plumented over the last 6 years, enrollment is
down drastically and as a result many traditional schools have simply
closed their doors.

Also the losers are the insurance companies. When a student opts to
attend an internet-based school, the points are removed from their
driving record before the state agency can assess the penalty. If no
penalty is assessed, the insurance company never finds out and the
rates are not raised.

It is estimated that the increased number of students attending
traffic school due to the availability of home study courses, 40%
overall is the estimated increase, have put more than $10,000,000
dollars into the state's budget and on the negative side, cost
insurance companies more than $50,000,000.

According to Mr. Haggin, "That is what I like the most, taking money
away from the insurance companies and putting it back into the pockets
of people just like me. I get up every morning happy because I am
helping someone save money and reduce a little of the stress on their
life."

Currently, internet traffic schools are only authorized in a few
states, California, Texas and Florida being three but with the runaway
success of these programs, it won't be long until every state is on
the online driving school bandwagon.
Old October 9th 04, 04:07 PM
Mike Romain

You sure are one sick individual aren't you?

You say you run a driving school and you want folks to be comfortable
blowing red lights and killing people!!!!

What a freaking low life asshole.

I guess, there has to be scum of the earth companies like you folks, but
to admit it publicly, well....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old October 10th 04, 06:39 AM
Skip

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:17:00 -0700, Z > wrote:

wrote:
>> The spray is not intended to enable people to run traffic lights and
>> break speed limits. It does enable law abiding drivers who are
>> unfairly ticketed to have a way to prevent those unjustified tickets.

>Bull****.

Hmmmm. They must have had spray left over from the spray that would
deflect but not reflect radar. And to think people actually buy this
junk.
Old October 10th 04, 06:25 PM

Skip wrote:
>>>The spray is not intended to enable people to run traffic lights and
>>>break speed limits. It does enable law abiding drivers who are
>>>unfairly ticketed to have a way to prevent those unjustified tickets.

>>Bull****.

> Hmmmm. They must have had spray left over from the spray that would
> deflect but not reflect radar. And to think people actually buy this
> junk.

My Bull**** comment was the stated intended purpose.

I don't know if the spray works or not, but it's clearly not for
people wrongly ticketed. That's what court is for.

Old October 10th 04, 09:31 PM
AZGuy

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:25:41 -0700, Z > wrote:

>>>Bull****.

>> Hmmmm. They must have had spray left over from the spray that would
>> deflect but not reflect radar. And to think people actually buy this
>> junk.

>My Bull**** comment was the stated intended purpose.
>
>I don't know if the spray works or not, but it's clearly not for
>people wrongly ticketed. That's what court is for.

You must be joking! Traffic court provides no avenue for a fair and
impartial hearing. That's exactly why I have zero problem with people
using this kind of spray or anything else the keeps photo-anything
from working.
--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789
Old October 11th 04, 02:14 AM

AZGuy wrote:
>>I don't know if the spray works or not, but it's clearly not for
>>people wrongly ticketed. That's what court is for.

> You must be joking! Traffic court provides no avenue for a fair and
> impartial hearing. That's exactly why I have zero problem with people
> using this kind of spray or anything else the keeps photo-anything
> from working.

You're talking to some one who walked away from 7 out of a total of 13
tickets, a couple of which I probably should have been found guilty.

Court works just fine, TYVM.

> Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:
>
> "What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
> establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
> Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
> the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
> to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
> of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Obsess much, Militia Boy?