Beware, speeders! Cameras coming to I-170

Old March 19th 10, 05:55 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lil abner

Default Beware, speeders! Cameras coming to I-170

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...A?OpenDocument
Old March 19th 10, 06:34 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

On 3/19/2010 12:55 PM, lil abner wrote:
> http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...A?OpenDocument

Coming to Charlack...gee, there's a surprise.

Although given how much time Charlack spends with a car sitting on the
side of 170 having a camera won't increase the amount of time each that
speed is monitored very much.
Old March 19th 10, 08:49 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner <> wrote:
>http://www.stltoda...

Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
or care about where it even runs.
Old March 19th 10, 09:33 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lil abner

AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner <> wrote:
>> http://www.stltoda...

> Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
> or care about where it even runs.

The subject is cameras and Big Brother intrusion not St Louis or I 170.
You international types in Podunk need to keep up, really.
Old March 19th 10, 10:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lil abner

lil abner wrote:
> AZ Nomad wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner <> wrote:
>>> http://www.stltoda...

>> Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
>> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
>> or care about where it even runs.

> The subject is cameras and Big Brother intrusion not St Louis or I 170.
> You international types in Podunk need to keep up, really.

sorry for being sarcastic and condescending.
Old March 20th 10, 02:15 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

On 3/19/2010 3:49 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner<> wrote:
>> http://www.stltoda...

> Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
> or care about where it even runs.

Why a local newsgroup? It fits under road and driving just fine.
Old March 20th 10, 05:06 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:15:18 -0500, Rich Piehl > wrote:
>On 3/19/2010 3:49 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner<> wrote:
>>> http://www.stltoda...

>> Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
>> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
>> or care about where it even runs.

>Why a local newsgroup? It fits under road and driving just fine.

And of no interest to at least 95% of readers.

Local newsgroups are ones like mn.general, etc.
Old March 20th 10, 05:17 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Honorable Mention[_2_]

On Mar 19, 6:27*pm, lil abner > wrote:
> lil abner wrote:
> > AZ Nomad wrote:

> >> Take it to a local newsgroup. *Most people in this international
> >> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
> >> or care about where it even runs.

> > The subject is cameras and Big Brother intrusion not St Louis or I 170.
> > You international types in Podunk need to keep up, really.

> sorry for being sarcastic and condescending.

This topic is 100% cool with me. It involves roads and it is also a
topic I'm personally passionately against...and I used to run a major
road website as well.
Old March 20th 10, 05:56 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Brent Jonas

On Mar 19, 7:15*pm, Rich Piehl
> wrote:
> On 3/19/2010 3:49 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:28 -0400, lil abner<> *wrote:
> >>http://www.stltoda...

> > Take it to a local newsgroup. *Most people in this international
> > newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
> > or care about where it even runs.

> Why a local newsgroup? *It fits under road and driving just fine.

Agreed, it's a topic that's completely suitable for this newsgroup. I
wonder if we have another troll on our hands.
Old March 20th 10, 01:51 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

On 3/20/2010 12:06 AM, AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:15:18 -0500, Rich > wrote:
>>>
>>> Take it to a local newsgroup. Most people in this international
>>> newsgroup don't give a flying **** about I-170 or even have a clue
>>> or care about where it even runs.

>> Why a local newsgroup? It fits under road and driving just fine.

> And of no interest to at least 95% of readers.
>
> Local newsgroups are ones like mn.general, etc.

I'm not a regular in rad, but I know in MTR much of what is posted,
while only having direct impact of a local nature, is of interest to
others around the country who are roadgeeks and do find what is going on
in other parts of the country on a local basis interesting and informative.