Why the term "road enthusiast" isn't relevant

Old July 28th 09, 05:36 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Why the term "road enthusiast" isn't relevant

Hi Viatologists,

Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
enthusiast"? In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
roads after using the scientific method:

1.Defining the question
2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
3.Forming hypothesis
4.Performing experiment and collect data
5.Analysing data
6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
point for new hypothesis
7.Publish results
8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.

Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old July 28th 09, 06:11 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
NBtarheel_33

Experiment? Collect data? Interpret data?

Doesn't all of this require some sort of variable(s) to observe?
Unfortunately, roads don't tend to vary too much - in fact, they tend
to pretty much stay stuck where they are laid. So what would you be
experimenting on exactly? I just don't get it. To me, if you're
going to make a college course (or major) out of our hobby, you'd be
better off putting it in the humanities - considering the history of
the roads, the impact on people's lives, the towns' growth that they
fostered, etc. Now if you're going to consider the structure of the
road surface, the color and thickness of the asphalt, the size of the
lane stippling, etc. etc., then that would be more like a
science...the science of civil engineering and highway design, which
already has a name, hence calling it "viatology" is redundant.
Old July 28th 09, 10:28 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Reality Check

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message

| Hi Via <bitch slap>

Road enthusiast makes more sense than that nonsense word you made up,
you faggot faced fairy.

RC

Old July 28th 09, 10:48 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Carl Rogers > wrote:

> Hi Viatologists,

I've told you before, it's Viagnostics.
Old July 28th 09, 11:54 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Russian President Dimitry Megadeath

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:48:13 +0100
(Steve Firth) wrote:

> I've told you before, it's Viagnostics.

Then the practitioners thereof would be Viagnosticians.

--
Dimitry Megadeath
Rockin' ovar Russia with a big ole Atom Bomb!
Old July 29th 09, 12:03 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Russian President Dimitry Megadeath

You're not a scientist. You don't even practise in the field
that you took a degree in. Nobody likes your stupid term, and
no one wants to use it except to mock you. The only real contribution
you have made to the Road Enthusiast community is that of an inadvertent
comic. You're like the Jerry Lewis of Roadgeeks(except that Lewis got paid
a great deal of money, and knew what he was doing).

Man up. You fail so hard that you emit radiation and glow in the dark.
Admitting it is the first step to becoming a productive member of society;
a goal, which at your current rate of mental development, you may reach by
age 50. Or not.

Old July 29th 09, 01:13 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
MLOM

On Jul 28, 4:48*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
> Carl Rogers > wrote:
> > Hi Viatologists,

> I've told you before, it's Viagnostics.

You do realize you replied to a viatolo-geist, don't you?
Old July 29th 09, 01:54 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Jason Pawloski

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

OH
MY
GOD

CARL JUST POSTED ON THE NEWSGROUP!

I HAVE TO RESPOND!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!
I HAVE TO!

OH MY GOD

I JUST HAVE TO RESPOND!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

I'M CALLING CARL AN IDIOT!!!

HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!!!!

I'M CALLING CARL AN IDIOT!!!!

HEY CARL: UR A MORON!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 29th 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Steve Sprott

Carl Rogers wrote:

> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
> enthusiast"? In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
> roads after using the scientific method:
>
> 1.Defining the question
> 2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
> 3.Forming hypothesis
> 4.Performing experiment and collect data
> 5.Analysing data
> 6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
> point for new hypothesis
> 7.Publish results
> 8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.
>
> Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
> relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.

I for one think you are doing a very good job and wish to encourage you
to continue on with your most excellent mission.

You are definitely on the verge of greatness.

Old July 29th 09, 02:04 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Ted \I survived Chappaquiddick\ Kennedy

Default Why the term "viatological retard" is relevant

On Jul 28, 12:36*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
> enthusiast"? *In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
> roads after using the scientific method:
>
> 1.Defining the question
> 2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
> 3.Forming hypothesis
> 4.Performing experiment and collect data
> 5.Analysing data
> 6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
> point for new hypothesis
> 7.Publish results
> 8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.
>
> Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
> relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Rogers
> "Environment first, transportology second"
> ********
> Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):http://wwtl.info
> Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
> Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
> Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
> ********

Most incompetent people aren't proud of their incompetency. Oddly
enough, you're willing to pay for some rack space so you can
constantly demonstrate your incompetence. Why is that, moron?