'95 Jetta has an electrical problem?

Old April 3rd 05, 03:44 PM
XXninjatooXX

Default '95 Jetta has an electrical problem?

Man, my IP started doing that a couple months ago. There are sensors
that transmit to the instrument cluster or speed/tach etc... The
manual should show which fuses/relays to check first. Then obviously
the sensors/switches themselves. And one I always enjoy - busting out
the ol' voltmeter and testing the pins on cluster for shorts... I
missed something, I'm sure... Its early here in CA.

ninjatoo.
On 3 May 2004 15:27:28 -0700, (Jonesy) wrote:

>A friend of mine mentioned an unusual problem in his Jetta:
>
>His speedo and tach work intermittently. Sometimes they both "bounce"
>before working properly. There is no other correlation that he
>notices. I suggested it might be an electrical problem - ISTR that
>Jettas of that vintage had electrical senders for that info. Maybe a
>poor connection in a plug on the transmission, or some such?
>
>Anyway, he is also new to the Portland, OR area (Hillsboro, actually)
>and he doesn't want to take his car to Herzog Meier to hear that it's
>going to cost more than the car is worth to fix, or that they can't
>get to it until September, etc, etc. Can anyone recommend a good,
>independent shop in the greater Portland area? (Assume for now that
>Vancouver and Wilsonville are NOT in the greater Portland area, LOL.)
>
>TIA,

XXninjatooXX -
Man, every time I Farfegnugen it costs me a couple hundred bucks...
Can't help but love my VeeDubs:

1995 Jetta III GL 2.0L 5sp, White, modified suspension and chipped.
1995 Jetta III GLS 2.0L 5sp, Black, Rebuild with modified GTI front-end.