Zippering a 2004 top

Old November 6th 04, 02:04 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Me > wrote:

>We're supposed to have the front plate in California as well. "Sorry
>officer, it just fell off a few miles back. I'll be sure to replace it
>right away sir!" ;-)
>
>I had an argument with someone over the front license plate removal
>being a "scientfically ridiculous" overheating solution. They just
>would not believe me when I told them that I'd already done it and it
>worked.

In what sense did it work? In short, what changed?

Leon

> Go figure.
>
>Jon
>

>On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:32:38 -0500, "chuckk"
> wrote:
>
>>I thought that the usual position for a UK plate was above the mouth.

>>> I don't believe it!!!!! I've been having trouble with my MX5 doing just
>>> what
>>> you describe - temp going up to 3/4 when pushing it in hot weather - since
>>> bought it (a year and a half ago). I've exchanged the thermostat and the
>>> the
>>> radiator, and while especially putting in the new rad seemed to make some
>>> difference, it hasn't solved it properly. And now you're saying that the
>>> culprit is the license plate in front of the front air intake!!! Stands to
>>> reason, really. That's where my plate is as well; I won't be able to
>>> remove
>>> it completely (in the UK we have to have license plates front and back),
>>> but
>>> I'll see if I can move it and if that makes a difference. I'll check
>>> miata.net for pictures/suggestions of alternative fixing of the front
>>> license plate.
>>>
>>> I could have saved myself a bit of money if I'd known that earlier.... Ah
>>> well. You live & learn.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>>---
>>Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

looking for 2004 BMW 325i Raj BMW 0 October 19th 04 08:00 PM
Cost of 2004 CR-V, EX, Auto Harvey Cohen Honda 3 September 30th 04 01:09 AM
Mitchell on demand 2004 - 2003, Alldata CD SETs, BMW ETC, General Motors, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Mercedes Truck, Mini E, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, AUDI, Jaguar, Land Rover, CHRYSLER DODGE, Peugeot and Renault, Acura Isuzu, Kia, Mitsubishi, Niss vvcd VW water cooled 0 September 19th 04 11:35 PM
FS: 2004 "LOWRIDER" Euro Custom Compact Cars Calendar with Poster J.R. Sinclair General 0 June 28th 04 05:32 AM
2004 Saturn Vue V6 is awsome! Ken R Saturn 9 May 20th 04 03:47 AM