Mustang versus Vette

Old January 31st 05, 03:22 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

RichA wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:39:54 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> > wrote:
>

>>RichA wrote:
>>
>>>Say I take a Vette, that costs $45,000 when new.
>>>Then I take a Mustang GT, that costs $27,000.
>>>Then I put $18,000 into the Mustang.
>>>Which is now the better car?
>>>-Rich

>>Try and get that $18k back out of the Mustang when you try and sell it.
>> The Vette would be a better investment and a better performing car for
>>the money spent.

> Investment? A modern car? That is a laugh. If I want an investment
> I'll spend the $50,000 on a Hemi Chrysler (1964-1971).

Take a 2005 Mustang and add $18k worth of modifications, drive it for
two years and then try and sell it for more than $20k-$25k. The Vette
will be worth much more than that from a resale value after two years.
Now do you get my point or do I need to draw you a picture?

>>Now I just need to figure out whether you're a troll since you have also
>>authored a thread about GM going into bankruptcy. Seems to be too loony
>>a post to take you very seriously.

> Rumours abound. How else to determine authenticity unless you ask?

I'll make up my own mind by observing your actions.

Old January 31st 05, 12:14 PM
SVTKate

"Chief_Wiggum" > wrote in message
| Well, if , by "better" you mean "faster" then why not just put 18k into a
72
| Nova or something ??
|
| "Better car" encompasses a LOT more than horsepower, or speed.
|
| If you like the lines, stance, interior, etc of a Corvett then no amount
of
| money will likely make you think a Mustang is "better"
|
| OTOH there are many folks that think it's ALREADY a better car than a
Vette.

| Personally, I LOVE my Mustang, and it's been a great car. I'd like to
have
| an '05 too, and likely will some day.
|
| OTOH, I love Vettes too! I've owned a few in the past, and had lots of
fun
| with them. I think the C6 is a BEAUTIFUL car, and, although I hate to
admit
| it HERE, if you offered me an 05 Vette STOCK, and an 05 Mustang with a
| supercharger, and handling mods, I'd snatch that little bowtie beauty up
| in a HEARTBEAT ! ! !

I agree with you 100%.
First time I saw one I nearly broke my neck looking at it as it went by on
the transport truck.

Damn! Why couldn't I have been born rich.

Kate

Old January 31st 05, 01:38 PM
JohnH

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:22:45 -0800, "Chief_Wiggum" >
wrote:

>Well, if , by "better" you mean "faster" then why not just put 18k into a 72
>Nova or something ??
>
>"Better car" encompasses a LOT more than horsepower, or speed.
>
>If you like the lines, stance, interior, etc of a Corvett then no amount of
>money will likely make you think a Mustang is "better"
>
>OTOH there are many folks that think it's ALREADY a better car than a Vette.
>
>Personally, I LOVE my Mustang, and it's been a great car. I'd like to have
>an '05 too, and likely will some day.
>
>OTOH, I love Vettes too! I've owned a few in the past, and had lots of fun
>with them. I think the C6 is a BEAUTIFUL car, and, although I hate to admit
>it HERE, if you offered me an 05 Vette STOCK, and an 05 Mustang with a
>supercharger, and handling mods, I'd snatch that little bowtie beauty up
>in a HEARTBEAT ! ! !

*Which* little beauty would you snatch up?

I'm 60 years old. I could have bought a 'Vette. I bought a yellow '05
GT. Why? 'Cause the GT turned something in my gut that the 'vette
didn't.

In the first three weeks I had the GT more than a dozen people have
high signed or commented on my beautiful car out on the road. I've
never thought of doing that to a 'vette driver. Maybe 'vette owners
get a lot of thumbs-up also, but I'll bet it's from other 'vette
owners. Have to do a study on that some day.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old February 1st 05, 02:06 AM
RichA

wrote:

>Well, if , by "better" you mean "faster" then why not just put 18k into a 72
>Nova or something ??
>
>"Better car" encompasses a LOT more than horsepower, or speed.

Did I say that it didn't?
-Rich
Old February 5th 05, 08:44 PM

Sorry, but you won't see me do that. I like Corvettes & all... but I won't
even go that far. Maybe for an 03/04 SVT Cobra I'll stop to see it & BS with
the owner & compliment the car... but I"ll never "zoom up" & "drool" haha.
But I bet a lot of ppl would for a C6! Or an 03/04 Cobra! Nobody zooms up to
see my poor car haha.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:38:00 -0500, JohnH >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm 60 years old. I could have bought a 'Vette. I bought a yellow '05
> >GT. Why? 'Cause the GT turned something in my gut that the 'vette
> >didn't.

> Hmm... Not quite the phrasing I would use, but to each his own.
>
> >In the first three weeks I had the GT more than a dozen people have
> >high signed or commented on my beautiful car out on the road. I've
> >never thought of doing that to a 'vette driver. Maybe 'vette owners
> >get a lot of thumbs-up also, but I'll bet it's from other 'vette
> >owners. Have to do a study on that some day.

> Let's see... On the day I drove my C6 home from the dealership, some
> guy in an S2000 zoomed up next to me, then slowed down to drool. The
> next day, the car was parked in a strip mall parking lot, and some guy
> was hovering around it, peering inside and slobbering on the glass.
>
> Does that answer your question?
>
> --
> Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy (except to buy loss leaders for

resale on eBay).

Old February 5th 05, 09:05 PM
John H

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:03:29 -0800, Scott en Aztlán >
wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:38:00 -0500, JohnH >
>wrote:
>
>>I'm 60 years old. I could have bought a 'Vette. I bought a yellow '05
>>GT. Why? 'Cause the GT turned something in my gut that the 'vette
>>didn't.

>Hmm... Not quite the phrasing I would use, but to each his own.
>
>>In the first three weeks I had the GT more than a dozen people have
>>high signed or commented on my beautiful car out on the road. I've
>>never thought of doing that to a 'vette driver. Maybe 'vette owners
>>get a lot of thumbs-up also, but I'll bet it's from other 'vette
>>owners. Have to do a study on that some day.

>Let's see... On the day I drove my C6 home from the dealership, some
>guy in an S2000 zoomed up next to me, then slowed down to drool. The
>next day, the car was parked in a strip mall parking lot, and some guy
>was hovering around it, peering inside and slobbering on the glass.
>
>Does that answer your question?

I'll add your input to my study!

Old February 6th 05, 09:54 AM
Brad and Mia

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:38:00 -0500, JohnH >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm 60 years old. I could have bought a 'Vette. I bought a yellow '05
>>GT. Why? 'Cause the GT turned something in my gut that the 'vette
>>didn't.

> Hmm... Not quite the phrasing I would use, but to each his own.
>
>>In the first three weeks I had the GT more than a dozen people have
>>high signed or commented on my beautiful car out on the road. I've
>>never thought of doing that to a 'vette driver. Maybe 'vette owners
>>get a lot of thumbs-up also, but I'll bet it's from other 'vette
>>owners. Have to do a study on that some day.

> Let's see... On the day I drove my C6 home from the dealership, some
> guy in an S2000 zoomed up next to me, then slowed down to drool. The
> next day, the car was parked in a strip mall parking lot, and some guy
> was hovering around it, peering inside and slobbering on the glass.
>
> Does that answer your question?

"Guys" "drool" over cars? You all gotta get a life. And maybe a woman too.

Brad

Old February 6th 05, 08:49 PM

I need a woman..... and a life! **** I am working 24/7 =(. *Slobbers on
Brad* take that!

-Mike

Old February 9th 05, 04:24 PM
Scotter

Yeah, even though I'm a "Mustang guy," I have to make the argument that
higher dollar items tend to be higher quality and throwing money at a lower
quality item may not be the best idea DEPENDING on what you want in the end.
If you are going for pure horsepower then yeah, sure, put $18K into an 05
Mustang GT and wow! Fast & fun.
Not much different comparison than if you buy a Civic and put tons of money
into it vs. buying something that comes stock prepared to go fast (Mustang
GT).

But would I take the Vette? No. I'm not a "Vette guy," hehe If I had that
kind of money to spend on a car I might buy the highest end convertible Audi
I could get.

But alll that aside, this "Mustang guy" is drooling over the 05 GT
convertible and scheming as to how I can get one this Summer!

Scott
96 GT Convertible
3.73 gears

Old February 15th 05, 05:32 AM
Nicodemus Telrenner

"SVTKate" > wrote in news:FKfLd.3042
:

> Yea, but the new Vette is just SOOooooooo easy on the eyes.

I don't like it myself. I miss flip lights. It looks too much like a
Viper