Why the term "road enthusiast" isn't relevant

Old July 29th 09, 04:17 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Andrew Tompkins

Default Why the term "road enthusiast" isn't relevant

Carl Rogers wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
> enthusiast"? In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
> roads after using the scientific method:
>
> 1.Defining the question
> 2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
> 3.Forming hypothesis
> 4.Performing experiment and collect data
> 5.Analysing data
> 6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
> point for new hypothesis
> 7.Publish results
> 8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.
>
> Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
> relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.

OK. Assuming that your website, in all of its various forms, is where
you publish your results, what are the question defined and hypothesis
posed? What was the experimentation done? Where is the data analysis
and interpretation?

--Andy
Old July 30th 09, 03:25 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
John A. Weeks III

In article >,
Andrew Tompkins > wrote:

> Carl Rogers wrote:
> > Hi Viatologists,
> >
> > Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
> > enthusiast"? In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
> > roads after using the scientific method:
> >
> > 1.Defining the question
> > 2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
> > 3.Forming hypothesis
> > 4.Performing experiment and collect data
> > 5.Analysing data
> > 6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
> > point for new hypothesis
> > 7.Publish results
> > 8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.
> >
> > Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
> > relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.
> >

> OK. Assuming that your website, in all of its various forms, is where
> you publish your results, what are the question defined and hypothesis
> posed? What was the experimentation done? Where is the data analysis
> and interpretation?

The hypothesis is how many times can one idiot SPAM people before
they travel great distances and explain the situation to the idiot
with a baseball bat. The experimentation is all the SPAM. The
result speaks for itself.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Old July 30th 09, 11:21 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
US 71

"John A. Weeks III" > wrote

> The hypothesis is how many times can one idiot SPAM people before
> they travel great distances and explain the situation to the idiot
> with a baseball bat. The experimentation is all the SPAM. The
> result speaks for itself.

Who was it said Carl is an Attention Whore? He is deliberately annoying people
just so someone will sit up and take notice. He doesn't *really* care if you
look at his website: he just wants you to notice him.

That begs the question, however, that if he wants you to notice him does that
mean his wife ISN'T ?

Old July 30th 09, 12:56 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Eeyore[_4_]

Carl Rogers wrote:

> Hi Viatologists,

SOD OFF

Old July 30th 09, 02:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Larry Sheldon

> look at his website: he just wants you to notice him.

I think she is somebody's shill. For every inane posting she makes, how
many hundreds of responses do we have to filter against.

--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Old July 31st 09, 04:19 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Bob S

On Jul 30, 9:11 pm, John Mayson > wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Steve Firth wrote:
> > Carl Rogers > wrote:

> >> Hi Viatologists,

> > I've told you before, it's Viagnostics.

> Are "viagnostics" people who don't believe in roads? :-)
>
> --
> John Mayson >
> Austin, Texas, USA

I think that would be Viatheists. :-)

Bob S
Old July 31st 09, 04:27 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
H.B. Elkins

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:11:19 -0500, John Mayson wrote:

>Are "viagnostics" people who don't believe in roads? :-)

No, they are people who don't believe in you-know-who.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old July 31st 09, 05:17 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Roscoe Yamamoto

Oh hai! Viatologistz,

wud yoo rather learn abowt prey frum a biologist or a "mammal
enthusiast"? In turmz uv scientific study, a viatologist reportz roadz
aftah usin teh scientific method:

1.Definin teh kweschun
2.Gatherin informashun adn resourcez (observe)
3.Foarmin hypothesiz
4.Performin experiment adn collect data
5.Analysin data
6.Interpretin data adn draw conclusionz dat serve az a staartin point
foar new hypothesiz
7.Publish resultz
8. Leavin territory foar uddah scientistz ta repeat findingz.

Viatology reinforcez teh scientific method, adn az such, bringz relevant
studiez ta teh roadz criss-crossin teh urf.

Cheerz,

Carl Rogerz
"Environment furst, transportology twoth" ********
wurldwied Transportashun Library (WWTL): http://wwtl.wtf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Compleet coveraeg uv international roadz adn railwaiz. Since 2000, we haz
ofered several photographz, videoz adn virchual 360 capturez -- ta each
viatologist & transportologist. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old July 31st 09, 03:19 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Ted \I survived Chappaquiddick\ Kennedy

On Jul 30, 6:21*am, "US 71" > wrote:
> "John A. Weeks III" > wrote
>

> > The hypothesis is how many times can one idiot SPAM people before
> > they travel great distances and explain the situation to the idiot
> > with a baseball bat. *The experimentation is all the SPAM. *The
> > result speaks for itself.

> Who was it said Carl is an Attention Whore? He is deliberately annoying people
> just so someone will sit up and take notice. *He doesn't *really* care if you
> look at his website: he just wants you to notice him.
>
> That begs the question, however, that if he wants you to notice him does that
> mean his wife ISN'T ?

Who would be pathetic enough to marry Carl? I'm sure even SPEEDY's mom
wouldn't do Carl, no matter what the fee.

Old July 31st 09, 06:51 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Andrew Tompkins

Andrew Tompkins wrote:
> Carl Rogers wrote:
>> Hi Viatologists,
>>
>> Would you rather learn about animals from a biologist or a "mammal
>> enthusiast"? In terms of scientific study, a viatologist reports
>> roads after using the scientific method:
>>
>> 1.Defining the question
>> 2.Gathering information and resources (observe)
>> 3.Forming hypothesis
>> 4.Performing experiment and collect data
>> 5.Analysing data
>> 6.Interpreting data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting
>> point for new hypothesis
>> 7.Publish results
>> 8. Leaving room for other scientists to repeat findings.
>>
>> Viatology reinforces the scientific method, and as such, brings
>> relevant studies to the roads criss-crossing the Earth.
>>

> OK. Assuming that your website, in all of its various forms, is where
> you publish your results, what are the question defined and hypothesis
> posed? What was the experimentation done? Where is the data analysis
> and interpretation?

Hello? Carl? Anybody home?

The scientific method doesn't work very well without a question and a
hypothesis.

--Andy