Alfa Milano Cam Timing

Old July 4th 04, 11:21 PM
Dev Cloete

Default Alfa Milano Cam Timing

Hi,
A cambelt tensioner pulley broke on a 16V Milano and fortunately no valves
were bent. However the cams jumped a few teeth and having made new
Alumininium pulleys and having fitted new belts, I would like to get
confirmation on the cam timing marks. The inlet and exhaust have marks on
them that should line up with each other at TDC. The problem is that the
inlet cam have two marks....which one is the correct one ? Can anyone
help???
Thanks,
Dev

Old July 4th 04, 11:50 PM
SteveH

Dev Cloete > wrote:

> Hi,
> A cambelt tensioner pulley broke on a 16V Milano and fortunately no valves
> were bent. However the cams jumped a few teeth and having made new
> Alumininium pulleys and having fitted new belts, I would like to get
> confirmation on the cam timing marks. The inlet and exhaust have marks on
> them that should line up with each other at TDC. The problem is that the
> inlet cam have two marks....which one is the correct one ? Can anyone
> help???
> Thanks,
> Dev

16v Milano? - are you absolutely sure about that?

It may have twin cams, but it won't have 16v.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old July 5th 04, 10:14 AM
Dev Cloete

This Milano has a 16valve dohc 1700cc fuel injected boxer engine. This is a
derivative of the old Alfa Sud/Alfa 33 engines. and the car is quite pretty
with frontwheel drive. Only a few were imported to South Africa and
therefore info & parts are very scarce here. The car is wedge shaped and
looks very similar to the Alfa 155 with a Alfa 33 look mixed and is the same
size as the old Alfa 33.
Dev

Old July 5th 04, 12:42 PM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Dev Cloete > wrote:
>This Milano has a 16valve dohc 1700cc fuel injected boxer engine. This is a
>derivative of the old Alfa Sud/Alfa 33 engines. and the car is quite pretty
>with frontwheel drive. Only a few were imported to South Africa and
>therefore info & parts are very scarce here. The car is wedge shaped and
>looks very similar to the Alfa 155 with a Alfa 33 look mixed and is the same
>size as the old Alfa 33.

Then you are probably talking about the Alfa 33 nuova. Maybe they nicknamed
this particualr 16V model "milano". Does it look anything like this 33:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~seekle/Test%20004.jpg

This alfa 33 was manufactured in large numbers in 1.3/1.4, 1.5, 1.7 and
1.7 16V versions.

The name "Milano" is normally used for the american version of the Alfa 75
(and that always is a 75 3.0V6 IIRC).

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

fortune: No such file or directory
Old July 5th 04, 01:29 PM
Catman

Dev Cloete wrote:

> This Milano has a 16valve dohc 1700cc fuel injected boxer engine. This is
> a derivative of the old Alfa Sud/Alfa 33 engines. and the car is quite
> pretty with frontwheel drive. Only a few were imported to South Africa and
> therefore info & parts are very scarce here. The car is wedge shaped and
> looks very similar to the Alfa 155 with a Alfa 33 look mixed and is the
> same size as the old Alfa 33.

Interesting. Any idea where the Milano moniker comes in? It is certainly
the case that most people would think US 75 when they here 'Milano'

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 6th 04, 01:11 AM
Dev Cloete

Yep, thats the one... This one has a nice body kit though... Spoiler on the
front, side skirts & wing on the bootlid. I managed to get the camtiming
settings from a local guy so thanks a lot for your help guys.
I think maybe the local Alfa importers named the car a Milano and removed
the 33 badges from the car as the older 33 that was manufactured here was a
very poorly assembled car and was known as "big trouble" due to ****ty
assembly and inferior local components and body trim.
Thanks again,
Dev