rough shifting '02 L100 w/ 41,000 mi

Old November 9th 04, 03:47 PM
Keith

Default rough shifting '02 L100 w/ 41,000 mi

I am into month 3 of an intermittent shifting problem. 98% of the time
shifting is smooth, the problem arises usually when the car is warmed
up. Symptoms of the poor shifting will be a delay past the usual rpm
point of shifting with a "slamming type kick in the pants" changing of
gears.
The dealer has changed the input speed sensor and the pressure control
solenoid twice. The difficult aspect of all this is I spend days
waiting for the problem to duplicate for the mechanic (he drives my
car) where he will then attempt a fix. The last time I was told they
will call Tech Support for help. They phoned me yesterday to tell me
they were still driving/waiting for the problem to duplicate again, my
thought was why? Well, the mechanic is obviously stumped.
I Googled and found this:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...%3D10%26sa%3DN

Does anyone have any suggestions? My patience is wearing thin.
Old November 9th 04, 05:37 PM
Brian Hurley

Keith

I am one of the posters that you found through Google. In my case there was
a Code 1811 "Max Adapt and Long Shift Relearned TCM". They replaced the
Control Pressure Valve, Transmission Oil Pump Shaft and reprogrammed the
TCM. I have not had a problem since.

Brian

om...

Old November 10th 04, 02:12 AM
Keith

"Brian Hurley" > wrote in message >...
> Keith
>
> I am one of the posters that you found through Google. In my case there was
> a Code 1811 "Max Adapt and Long Shift Relearned TCM". They replaced the
> Control Pressure Valve, Transmission Oil Pump Shaft and reprogrammed the
> TCM. I have not had a problem since.
>
> Brian

Brian thanks for the input. Saturn called me back and said they had
tech support involved. The lead mechanic was also in Spring hill for
classes and was able to talk to engineers down there as well. One of
the things to be done is for the problem to duplicate while hooked up
to a portable diagnostic computer. That could take as long as a week
or more to occur, meanwhile I'm driving a creaky loaner car with
150,000 mi on it. They're really trying so I will be patient and see
what evolves.

Keith