Another Miata Owner

Old October 28th 04, 02:19 AM
Ken Lyons

Default Another Miata Owner

All these years of pestering people about the Miata virtues, pointing out
$3,000 examples in the Sunday paper, letting them drive mine while hoping to
drum up some company in Miata-hood among my friends it has finally happened.
I got an e-mail from a friend in New Jersey telling me he is picking up his
MazdaSpeed Miata this week. Over a year ago a bunch of us went to North
Carolina to mountain bike Tsali and drive US 129. We had my Miata, an RSX
and an Audi TT. Some flew in and arrived in a Chevy Tahoe, but nobody is
rushing out to buy one of those.

So Steve remembered the outstanding Miata drives on the Dragon and decided
to enter the Brotherhood. The only problem is I'm green with envy.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old October 28th 04, 05:42 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article <dOXfd.13358$5O4.12655@trnddc07>,
"Ken Lyons" > wrote:

> So Steve remembered the outstanding Miata drives on the Dragon and decided
> to enter the Brotherhood.

We returned from a Colorado vacation last year and saw a pristine white
'90 in our next door neighbor's driveway. He said he'd been watching us
for years, returning from drives with big grins, and he wanted a piece
of the action (he's about 65). He's not really an enthusiast, but he
certainly seems to be having fun--so far he's added FM Duals, Altezza
taillights, and Moss lo-pros. A Robbins cloth/glass top is still waiting
to be.installed.

Guess I need to talk the two widowed sisters on the other side into
getting a smurf...

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old October 29th 04, 03:49 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

That's awesome when somebody 'gets it', I'd be green with envy too about him
getting the hot rod version especially! Well, you let him drive yours
right?......... I'd expect him to return the favor! At the dragon would be
good / fair!

Chris
92BB&T

Old November 11th 04, 12:56 PM
Stephen Jensen

"Ken Lyons" > wrote in message news:<dOXfd.13358$5O4.12655@trnddc07>...
> All these years of pestering people about the Miata virtues, pointing out
> $3,000 examples in the Sunday paper, letting them drive mine while hoping to
> drum up some company in Miata-hood among my friends it has finally happened.
> I got an e-mail from a friend in New Jersey telling me he is picking up his
> MazdaSpeed Miata this week. Over a year ago a bunch of us went to North
> Carolina to mountain bike Tsali and drive US 129. We had my Miata, an RSX
> and an Audi TT. Some flew in and arrived in a Chevy Tahoe, but nobody is
> rushing out to buy one of those.
>
> So Steve remembered the outstanding Miata drives on the Dragon and decided
> to enter the Brotherhood. The only problem is I'm green with envy.

Hi Ken
Just checking out mx5 sites and came across your post. So I just
dropped in to say thanks. Wish I had purchase a Mazda sooner. The
Speed is one fine car and to my surprise milage is well above what I
expected. Last weed on a trip to lancaster, Pa. all highway she got
32.7 mpg. Not much less then the Sentra that I traded.
Steve
Old November 13th 04, 06:38 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

WOW, great gas mileage too! Stop, you're killing me!

Chris
92BB&T

"Stephen Jensen" > wrote in message
om...
> "Ken Lyons" > wrote in message

> > All these years of pestering people about the Miata virtues, pointing

out
> > $3,000 examples in the Sunday paper, letting them drive mine while

hoping to
> > drum up some company in Miata-hood among my friends it has finally

happened.
> > I got an e-mail from a friend in New Jersey telling me he is picking up

his
> > MazdaSpeed Miata this week. Over a year ago a bunch of us went to North
> > Carolina to mountain bike Tsali and drive US 129. We had my Miata, an

RSX
> > and an Audi TT. Some flew in and arrived in a Chevy Tahoe, but nobody is
> > rushing out to buy one of those.
> >
> > So Steve remembered the outstanding Miata drives on the Dragon and

decided
> > to enter the Brotherhood. The only problem is I'm green with envy.

> Hi Ken
> Just checking out mx5 sites and came across your post. So I just
> dropped in to say thanks. Wish I had purchase a Mazda sooner. The
> Speed is one fine car and to my surprise milage is well above what I
> expected. Last weed on a trip to lancaster, Pa. all highway she got
> 32.7 mpg. Not much less then the Sentra that I traded.
> Steve

value of 1991 Miata J Frank Freeman Mazda 9 October 14th 04 01:26 AM
New Miata Owner Question - Top Prometheus7 Mazda 7 September 27th 04 08:59 PM
New Miata owner Brian Turner Mazda 22 September 24th 04 05:45 AM
Miata gas milate srides Mazda 2 September 11th 04 02:39 PM
Market Value - 2003 Miata Carol Mazda 18 September 9th 04 09:12 PM