'93 Grand Cherokee 5.2 tranny?

Old September 10th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SBlackfoot[_1_]

Default '93 Grand Cherokee 5.2 tranny?

Quick question (I hope). Which tranny is in my '93 Grand 5.2L? Some websites
say there was one offered, others say that there was two, and others forget
the 5.2L altogether. How do I tell the different models apart? It has an
NP249 t-case and the old style tranny mount, if that helps.

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spammers that are running a scam.

Old September 10th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

SBlackfoot wrote:
> Quick question (I hope). Which tranny is in my '93 Grand 5.2L? Some
> websites say there was one offered, others say that there was two,
> and others forget the 5.2L altogether. How do I tell the different
> models apart? It has an NP249 t-case and the old style tranny mount,
> if that helps.

There were two. Jeep made several changes early in the 93 year
so it's best to check with a dealer. Take your VIN into a
dealership and have them print out your build sheet.

There should also be a tag on the side of the transmission case.

--
DougW

Old September 10th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

"DougW" > wrote in message
> SBlackfoot wrote:
> > Quick question (I hope). Which tranny is in my '93 Grand 5.2L? Some
> > websites say there was one offered, others say that there was two,
> > and others forget the 5.2L altogether. How do I tell the different
> > models apart? It has an NP249 t-case and the old style tranny mount,
> > if that helps.

> There were two. Jeep made several changes early in the 93 year
> so it's best to check with a dealer. Take your VIN into a
> dealership and have them print out your build sheet.
>
> There should also be a tag on the side of the transmission case.

The good one is the three speed hydraulic, which is basically equivalent to
the old Chrysler Products 727. They spent a lot of time working the bugs
out of the newer model four speed electronic with overdrive. If you are
lucky, it won't have a locking torque converter in it.

Earle

Old September 11th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Or you can get a build sheet via e-mail through the Jeep Customer
Assistance. In the block where you are to put a question just enter "Build
Sheet Request"

http://tinyurl.com/jeg74

It will arrive by return e-mail in a few days to a week and look like the
example below. As you can see it lists the components built into the
vehicle at the factory.

Thank you for your email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation regarding
your 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

According to our records, your vehicle was equipped from the factory
with the following:

E7DV Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
ADC Convenience Group
APAS Monotone Paint
A24P 4.0L Engine(ERH)/4Spd Auto Trans(DGK
BAZS 136 Amp Alternator
BC6S 625 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BRYS Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CACS Low Back Bucket Seats
CBWS Highline Door Trim Panel
CFNS Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
CGUS Child Seat Anchor System-LATCH Ready
CG1S Next Gen Multistage Front Air Bags**
CKDS Floor Carpet
CKNS Cargo Compartment Carpet
CKTS Cargo Tie Down Loops
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CLHS Cargo Trim Panel w/Storage Net
CLPS Door Sill Scuff Pads
CSCS Cargo Compartment Cover
CSRS Passenger Assist Handles
CUDP Mini Overhead Console
CUFS Full Length Floor Console
DGBS All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions
DGK 4-Spd. Automatic 42RE Transmission
DHAS Lock-Up Torque Converter
DHPS Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System
DJJS Dana 30/186MM Front Axle
DMDS 3.55 Axle Ratio
DRMS Dana 35C/194MM Rear Axle
ERH 4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass
GEGS Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass
GEPS Flipper Liftgate Glass
GFAS Rear Window Defroster
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNVS Sun Visors w/Vanity Mirror
GTNS Power Mirrors, Fold-Away
GXMP Remote Keyless Entry
GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
HAAS Air Conditioning
HGAS Hood Insulation
HGDS Deluxe Insulation Group
JAYS Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHBS Rear Window Wiper/Washer
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JKAS Locking Glove Box
JKPS 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKYS Power Accessory Delay
JPBS Power Locks
JPDS Power Windows, Driver One-Touch
JPSS Power 6-Way Driver Seat
K4AS STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING/COLOR
K5AS STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING/COLOR
LACS Illuminated Entry
LAGS Warning Chime
LAZP Vehicle Information Center
LBBS Courtesy Lamps
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LBDS Ash Tray Lamp
LCES Rear Courtesy/Reading Lamps
LDBS Cargo Compartment Lamp
LETP Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
LMBS Halogen Headlamps
LPSS CHMSL Lamp
MDAP Front License Plate Bracket
MFZS Bright Grille
MHAS Black Windshield Moldings
MVBS Grand Cherokee Badge
MVCS Jeep Badge
MWGS Roof Rack
MWTS 4X4 Badge
NAS 50 State Emissions
NBGP Federal Tier 2, Bin 9A Emissions
NFPS 20.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHMS Speed Control
PXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
QXRS Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RBP AM/FM Cass/CD Radio w/Changer Ctrl
RCGS 6 Speakers
RDDS Fixed Long Mast Antenna
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCAS Steering Wheel
SDAS Normal Duty Suspension
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBBS Full Size Spare Tire
TBLS Inside Mounted Spare Tire
TR7P P225/75R16 OWL All Season Tires
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
WDQP 16" Steel Spare Wheel
WDS 16X7.0 Forged Aluminum Wheels
WLYC All Steel Wheels
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
XPFS Protective Coating and Remover
YAAS Build To U S Market Specifications
YEP Manuf Statement of Origin
YGCA 7 Additional Gallons of Gas
ZKFP Spring - Left Front
ZKYP Spring - Left Rear
ZYFP Spring - Right Front
ZYYP Spring - Right Rear

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Thank you again for your email.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email system. If
you have a need to respond to this message, please visit us at our reply
form (link provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails
at this address.

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 1387xxxx
Susan
Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center

Old September 12th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SBlackfoot[_1_]

> Or you can get a build sheet via e-mail through the Jeep Customer
> Assistance. In the block where you are to put a question just enter

"Build
> Sheet Request"

Thanks for the advice guys. Believe it or not I already requested the build
sheet back when I got the Jeep, I just didn't realize it mentioned the model
of tranny. If I am to believe the info I have a 46RH. Of course, according
to the build sheet I also have "power rack and pinion steering". Uh yeah...
*rolleyes*

Old September 12th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

SBlackfoot wrote:
>> Or you can get a build sheet via e-mail through the Jeep Customer
>> Assistance. In the block where you are to put a question just enter
>> "Build Sheet Request"

> Thanks for the advice guys. Believe it or not I already requested the
> build sheet back when I got the Jeep, I just didn't realize it
> mentioned the model of tranny. If I am to believe the info I have a
> 46RH. Of course, according to the build sheet I also have "power rack
> and pinion steering". Uh yeah... *rolleyes*

46RH is a four speed with overdrive transmission.
http://www.jeeptech.com/trans/46rh.html
They don't have a pic but if you have the V8 you most likely have the 46RH.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old September 12th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I believe it's a stretch of the imagination, too, And Saginaw that
made the box never called it that, but the worm does use endless balls
to convert the movement to about three inches of teeth that do act like
a foot long rack to a cheap looking sector shaft:
http://www.billhughes.com/97TJpowersteering.pdf
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O