01 GTI airbag

Old December 15th 04, 04:17 PM
YYZedd

Default 01 GTI airbag

Just a question about the passenger airbag to satisfy my curiosity:

Where and how does the passenger airbag deploy? There are no seams on the
dash.

TIA

Old December 15th 04, 11:18 PM
Woodchuck

The cover over it pops open upward and is somewhat hinged.

. net...

Old December 15th 04, 11:18 PM
Woodchuck

The cover over it pops open upward and is somewhat hinged.

. net...

Old December 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Mike Smith

YYZedd wrote:

> Just a question about the passenger airbag to satisfy my curiosity:
>
> Where and how does the passenger airbag deploy? There are no seams on the
> dash.

It's scored on the inside, instead of the outside.

--
Mike Smith
Old December 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Mike Smith

Old December 20th 04, 02:19 AM
Rob Guenther

Which of course means you need a whole new dash instead of just the airbag
flap if your airbags deploy... Where on older Golfs and for some reason, on
the Jetta wagons at least up to 2003 there was a flap... Friend of mine has
a 2004 Jetta sedan, but I can't say for certain if it has an airbag cover or
not - I believe it does tho.

Old December 20th 04, 02:19 AM
Rob Guenther

Old December 20th 04, 03:58 AM
Woodchuck

Will let you know when one comes into our shop.

.. .

Old December 20th 04, 03:58 AM
Woodchuck