CH Products pedals with MOMO Force Wheel

Old August 11th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
PierreLegrand

Default CH Products pedals with MOMO Force Wheel

Is there anything special about hooking up a set of CH Pedals USB Pro
to use with a MOMO Force steering wheel? There is nothing wrong with
the MOMO Pedals but with limited space below my desk it would be
preferable to have only one set of pedals doing both jobs. I have read
here often that the CH Products pedals were the ticket. Any hints or
help or links would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old August 11th 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
Jeff Reid[_2_]

> I have read here often that the CH Products pedals were the ticket.

The CH pedals have too light a spring pressure, and are really meant to be
aircraft type brake pedals, so they're a bit awkward for a racing simulator
in stock form. I don't remember if the pedals can be run seperate from the
yoke. I have the yoke and pedals, but rarely use them. Then again I rarely
use my Momo racing wheel and pedals, instead I use two CH USB joysticks,
using the left one as a throttle / brake control. It's good enough for most
racing games where the force feedback isn't a big issue. For some games, like
GTR or GTR2, without any assists, the force feedback is in effect an assist,
and I'll use the Momo wheel and pedals when running GTR2 with no assists, or
when I have guests over and they're playing a racing game.

Old August 11th 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
Bob Church

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:28:54 -0700, PierreLegrand
> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

>Is there anything special about hooking up a set of CH Pedals USB Pro
>to use with a MOMO Force steering wheel? There is nothing wrong with
>the MOMO Pedals but with limited space below my desk it would be
>preferable to have only one set of pedals doing both jobs. I have read
>here often that the CH Products pedals were the ticket. Any hints or
>help or links would be appreciated.

I don't know the MOMO, but the pedals are going to show up as a
separate controller, 3-axes and 0-buttons. The X and Y axes are on the
toe brakes, they send "0" when they're released, what's normally
"forward" on things like joysticks and throttles, and their maximum
value, about 255, when they're completely depressed. The sliding
rudder action shows up on the Z axis, left forward moves toward "0",
right forward moves toward 255, 128 or so at center. Window scaling
will take care of it. If you're using the Control Manager, you can
combine them, reverse them, or send them out on any axis you want, but
they won't combine with the MOMO to create a single device. You'd
still need to be able to deal with them separately in the game.

I don't know if that will help or not, it really depends on whether
the sim will let you use multiple controllers and whether those axis
assignments can be used.

Best regards,

- Bob

Old August 11th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
PAPADOC

You are a treasure Bob.

Thanks

Pierre

>I don't know if that will help or not, it really depends on whether
>the sim will let you use multiple controllers and whether those axis
>assignments can be used.
>
>Best regards,
>
>- Bob

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
Old August 13th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
Lange

What about the other way around?
I use race pedals (SideWinder) as rudder pedals.
(bit of a shame to put the CH pedals on the side doh...)

Lange,
666th Black Brigade
http://www.666th.org