Honda Fit

Old April 22nd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Honda Fit

Has anyone bought or driven the Honda Fit? I have owned an accord and
civic, but was considering the Fit as my next purchase because of the extra
utility it might provide with the hatchback and folding seats. I would be
interested in your opinion.

Sid

Old April 22nd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Sid wrote:
> Has anyone bought or driven the Honda Fit? I have owned an accord and
> civic, but was considering the Fit as my next purchase because of the extra
> utility it might provide with the hatchback and folding seats. I would be
> interested in your opinion.
> Sid

I just drove one finally this week and was very surprised by how quiet
the motor was, that is until I got to 80 mph when is could be heard. I
am impressed and have one on order. I have studied everything I can
find online and at the dealership. It all looks very positive. It
appears that the one MPG that is lost with the sport automatic on the
road may be due to the extra metal and consequent wind drag. I will be
getting the standard Fit. The negative of that decision is that I
will not have cruise control available. Otherwise it looks perfect.
Bill

Old April 22nd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Old May 1st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 03:47:02 GMT, "Sid" > wrote:

>Has anyone bought or driven the Honda Fit? I have owned an accord and
>civic, but was considering the Fit as my next purchase because of the extra
>utility it might provide with the hatchback and folding seats. I would be
>interested in your opinion.
>
>Sid

Just bought a base model this weekend. First Honda I've ever owned.
It's a very nice car so far -- hard to tell with only 100 miles on the
odo. Anyway, it is quicker than it has a right to be. About 8.5 sec
to 60mph if the Car magazines are to be believed. I am looking
forward to 38mpg since I have a 90 mile per day commute via highway.

Great design with the folding rear seats. Nice radio in the base
model. It's a bit sparse in the creature comfort area but you can
remedy that with some aftermarket add ons probably. Keep in mind that
these suckers are in high demand. Dealers are not dealing that much
at all. I got mine for about 2% under MSRP which ain't much. But
there is very little wiggle room in a $14k car, after all.

Hope this helps.
Old May 1st 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article >, santos
> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 03:47:02 GMT, "Sid" > wrote:
>
> >Has anyone bought or driven the Honda Fit? I have owned an accord and
> >civic, but was considering the Fit as my next purchase because of the extra
> >utility it might provide with the hatchback and folding seats. I would be
> >interested in your opinion.
> >
> >Sid
> >

> Just bought a base model this weekend. First Honda I've ever owned.
> It's a very nice car so far -- hard to tell with only 100 miles on the
> odo. Anyway, it is quicker than it has a right to be. About 8.5 sec
> to 60mph if the Car magazines are to be believed. I am looking
> forward to 38mpg since I have a 90 mile per day commute via highway.
>
> Great design with the folding rear seats. Nice radio in the base
> model. It's a bit sparse in the creature comfort area but you can
> remedy that with some aftermarket add ons probably. Keep in mind that
> these suckers are in high demand. Dealers are not dealing that much
> at all. I got mine for about 2% under MSRP which ain't much. But
> there is very little wiggle room in a $14k car, after all.
>
> Hope this helps.

Hello,
This message is for Sid---I advise you to buy to visit the local Honda
dealership and pick up a free booklet related to the Fit. It's about
20 pages long. There is a chart near the end of the booklet that compares
the Regular Fit to the Sport Fit. For example, I learned from the chart
that the Regular Fit does NOT have the following items but the Sport Fit
does have the following items:
15 inch wheels --regular Fit has 14 inch wheels
Fog lights
Cruise control
Spoiler
Car alarm

If none of the above features are of interest to you--buy the regular Fit.
If you want the above features--buy the Sport Fit.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old May 2nd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

It's called the Honda Fit because most people don't fit in it.

BG
East-

Old May 2nd 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> It's called the Honda Fit because most people don't fit in it.
>

> BG
> East-

Just the opposite, SA. They're being sold as soon as they leave the
transport truck. Check out the interior dimensions before you make more
ignorant statements.

--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

Old May 2nd 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
>> It's called the Honda Fit because most people don't fit in it.
>>
>> BG
>> East-

>Just the opposite, SA. They're being sold as soon as they leave the
>transport truck. Check out the interior dimensions before you make more
>ignorant statements.

My wife and I got inside three of the Sport models(red,black, and copper)
this past Sunday since the dealership left them unlocked. We fell in love
with the red one immediately as it's fairly roomy inside considering the
outside dimensions. I thought the black with titanium/silver trim interior
was tastefully done and the ergonomics are typical Honda . Honda squarely hit
the bullseye with this thing.

We'll be getting a Sport model sometime early next year. Our daughter is
getting married in December and we don't want to take on a car payment with
everything else going on.

Old May 3rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Not yet. I am not 16. The Honda Fit is a very nice car. Probably is
America's best first car (could knock the Civic off that honor). It is
small and affordable. The only cons are rear drum brakes and the manual
fuel lid.