Problem with speedometer and odometer

Old July 31st 05, 10:51 PM
Mogwai Mogwai is offline
Junior Member

Default Problem with speedometer and odometer

Hello.
I have a 00 saturn SL200 that I let sit for a few months because it needed a new transmission. After I changed the transmission my speedometer and odometer stopped working. I'm not sure if it's a wire that lost connection or a problem with the actualy instrument cluster. The rest of the gauges seem to work. Does anyone have ideas?
Old August 3rd 05, 02:24 AM
J Swain

Was the battery good after sitting or did it need to be charged. I had
a dead battery last year and after it was replaced, my speedometer
did not work....turn out that the ECM lost some data and the data was
needed for the speedometer to work properly. They charged quite a bit
to reprogram the module. Good luck...

Old August 20th 05, 03:54 AM
James1549

There should be some kind of speed sensor on the trans, output side to
give the PCM info to send to the speedo. Maybe it is not hooked up or
is bad in the new trans.

If the speed sensor is defective or unhooked, you should get a light,
or sometimes the trans wont shift because the PCM doesn't know what the
road speed is. James

94 SL odometer Terry Mosley Saturn 5 July 12th 05 12:55 PM
Speedometer, trip meter, odometer stopped working. 1993 325i [email protected] BMW 2 March 25th 05 03:14 AM
[96 Accord LX] Intermittent Speedometer issue Paul Jackson Honda 7 March 15th 05 12:40 AM
Out of work speedometer and odometer Jean Gaboury BMW 1 February 16th 05 02:38 AM
speedometer cruise not working taillight Saturn 1 October 13th 04 08:37 AM