Brera and 159 at Goodwood

Old June 25th 05, 09:14 PM
ninja

Default Brera and 159 at Goodwood

I was lucky enough to get a sponsored visit to Goodwood festival of speed on
Friday.

Alfa were exhibiting the 159 and Brera - both beautiful!

They had a 159 Q4 JTS (not sure what engine - presumably 2.0), and a 159
2.4JTDM. There were actually 2 Brera's, 1 on static display and the other
went up the hill for the Supercar Run - fantastic.
Brera looks good - but to be honest not such a massive step forward from the
GT in terms of styling, IMHO.

The 159 looks really muscular - a fair bit more room inside than the 156 - I
would have liked to see the SW version, but I think that is still in
development.. All were sporting some great looking alloys, which seem to be
a new version of the classic "telephone dial" style.

Once my three years is up in my current 156SW 2.4JTDM, I will be looking
seriously at the 159. I think the 2.4JTD is now up to 200BHP and 400NM -
awesome!

Old June 25th 05, 10:50 PM
T.

ninja wrote:

> Once my three years is up in my current 156SW 2.4JTDM, I will be looking
> seriously at the 159. I think the 2.4JTD is now up to 200BHP and 400NM -
> awesome!

Wow! And 4wd.

Imagine that chipped. 250bhp?
Old June 28th 05, 10:52 AM
Simon

ninja wrote:
> I was lucky enough to get a sponsored visit to Goodwood festival of
> speed on Friday.
>
> Alfa were exhibiting the 159 and Brera - both beautiful!
>
> Once my three years is up in my current 156SW 2.4JTDM, I will be
> looking seriously at the 159. I think the 2.4JTD is now up to 200BHP
> and 400NM - awesome!

I was *very* impressed with the 159 interior. It is as good as the original
156 in style. Shame the 159 is not quite the iconic image that the 156 was
on launch.

Also nice to see the Brera in the supercar parade alongside Astons, MC 12s,
F430s etc.

The Alfa Romeo Museum did itself proud. Some fantastic machines running.