best base plate and tow bar for 09 CRV

Old April 9th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim78565

Default best base plate and tow bar for 09 CRV

I need to set up a new CRV to tow behind a motorhome. Any tips or
suggestions?
Old April 10th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

jim78565 > wrote in :

> I need to set up a new CRV to tow behind a motorhome. Any tips or
> suggestions?

See here for some possibly useful information:
<http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/dinghytowingguide/index.cfm>
Choose "2009 Dinghy Guide" from the menu at right.
It doesn't actually say, but that's a PDF document.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 10th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim78565

Tegger wrote:
> jim78565 > wrote in :
>
>> I need to set up a new CRV to tow behind a motorhome. Any tips or
>> suggestions?
>>

> See here for some possibly useful information:
> <http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/dinghytowingguide/index.cfm>
> Choose "2009 Dinghy Guide" from the menu at right.
> It doesn't actually say, but that's a PDF document.

Thanks. I printed it out. I would still like personal recommendations on
which tow bars work best and which ones to avoid. I am leaning toward
the Roadmaster XL baseplate because the installation instructions
indicate less cutting and drilling than the Blue OX.
Old April 10th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_3_]

jim78565 wrote:
> Tegger wrote:
>> jim78565 > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> I need to set up a new CRV to tow behind a motorhome. Any tips or
>>> suggestions?
>>>

>> See here for some possibly useful information:
>> <http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/dinghytowingguide/index.cfm>
>> Choose "2009 Dinghy Guide" from the menu at right.
>> It doesn't actually say, but that's a PDF document.
>>

> Thanks. I printed it out. I would still like personal recommendations on
> which tow bars work best and which ones to avoid. I am leaning toward
> the Roadmaster XL baseplate because the installation instructions
> indicate less cutting and drilling than the Blue OX.

cutting and drilling??? doesn't the crv have hitch attachment points?
you should be using something that custom bolts up to those, not some
"one size fits all" kludge.

don't know if it fits, but the genuine honda towing hitch for the 08 crv
is $225. beats cutting and drilling any day.

<http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-V&catcgry2=2008&catcgry3=5DR+LX+4WD&catcgry4=KA5AT &catcgry5=TRAILER+HITCH>

Old April 10th 09, 11:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim78565

jim beam wrote:
> jim78565 wrote:
>> Tegger wrote:
>>> jim78565 > wrote in
>>> :

>>> See here for some possibly useful information:
>>> <http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/dinghytowingguide/index.cfm>
>>> Choose "2009 Dinghy Guide" from the menu at right.
>>> It doesn't actually say, but that's a PDF document.
>>>

>> Thanks. I printed it out. I would still like personal recommendations
>> on which tow bars work best and which ones to avoid. I am leaning
>> toward the Roadmaster XL baseplate because the installation
>> instructions indicate less cutting and drilling than the Blue OX.

> cutting and drilling??? doesn't the crv have hitch attachment points?
> you should be using something that custom bolts up to those, not some
> "one size fits all" kludge.
>
> don't know if it fits, but the genuine honda towing hitch for the 08 crv
> is $225. beats cutting and drilling any day.
>
> <http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-V&catcgry2=2008&catcgry3=5DR+LX+4WD&catcgry4=KA5AT &catcgry5=TRAILER+HITCH>

I'm sure it does but I am not looking for a hitch reciever.
Old April 10th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_3_]

jim78565 wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> jim78565 wrote:

>>> Thanks. I printed it out. I would still like personal recommendations
>>> on which tow bars work best and which ones to avoid. I am leaning
>>> toward the Roadmaster XL baseplate because the installation
>>> instructions indicate less cutting and drilling than the Blue OX.

>> cutting and drilling??? doesn't the crv have hitch attachment points?
>> you should be using something that custom bolts up to those, not some
>> "one size fits all" kludge.
>>
>> don't know if it fits, but the genuine honda towing hitch for the 08
>> crv is $225. beats cutting and drilling any day.
>>
>> <http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-V&catcgry2=2008&catcgry3=5DR+LX+4WD&catcgry4=KA5AT &catcgry5=TRAILER+HITCH>
>>

> I'm sure it does but I am not looking for a hitch reciever.

ok, wrong end! my bad.
Old April 11th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TomP[_2_]

jim78565 wrote:

> I need to set up a new CRV to tow behind a motorhome. Any tips or
> suggestions?

The Blue Ox tow bar kit is one of the better units. I have 2
relatives that use "The Ox" unit and are completely satisfied.
Additionally I was told that Honda had a hand in the development of
the Blue Ox unit.

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Industrial Base Pan Asia Oveleses Technology 0 January 30th 08 06:42 PM
95 Base model upgrades S.C. Porsche Ford Mustang 7 November 30th 04 05:10 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Saturn 0 November 10th 04 01:02 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard General 0 November 9th 04 08:59 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Antique cars 0 November 9th 04 04:36 PM