Saw a nice mustang this weekend...

Old May 10th 05, 07:54 AM
Stephan Rose

Default Saw a nice mustang this weekend...

Was a 2000+ GT I think. Not quite sure on the year. Black...gorgeous.

and damn was it FAST...we pulled up at a stop light, I actually bogged
the engine accidentally on launch so that didn't help. So he tore me
up on that. Then a few minutes later, we went at it again from a 45mph
side by side roll. Did good there, but he still pulled on me. Think if
I had shifted down to 1st instead of 2nd I probably would've been able
to keep even, but that would've been the BEST I could hope for.

Man, I wanna see wtf he's got underneath that hood...

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Old May 10th 05, 05:04 PM
66 6F HCS

"Stephan Rose" > wrote

> and damn was it FAST...we pulled up at a stop light, I actually bogged
> the engine accidentally on launch so that didn't help. So he tore me
> up on that. Then a few minutes later, we went at it again from a 45mph
> side by side roll. Did good there, but he still pulled on me. Think if
> I had shifted down to 1st instead of 2nd I probably would've been able
> to keep even, but that would've been the BEST I could hope for.
> --
> Stephan
> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

Please tell me you weren't riding the YZF?!?!?! lol
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old May 11th 05, 12:20 AM
Stephan Rose

On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:04:40 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>"Stephan Rose" > wrote
>>
>> and damn was it FAST...we pulled up at a stop light, I actually bogged
>> the engine accidentally on launch so that didn't help. So he tore me
>> up on that. Then a few minutes later, we went at it again from a 45mph
>> side by side roll. Did good there, but he still pulled on me. Think if
>> I had shifted down to 1st instead of 2nd I probably would've been able
>> to keep even, but that would've been the BEST I could hope for.
>> --
>> Stephan
>> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

>Please tell me you weren't riding the YZF?!?!?! lol

I was!

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Old May 11th 05, 01:37 AM
351CJ

"Stephan Rose" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:04:40 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Stephan Rose" > wrote
>>>
>>> and damn was it FAST...we pulled up at a stop light, I actually bogged
>>> the engine accidentally on launch so that didn't help. So he tore me
>>> up on that. Then a few minutes later, we went at it again from a 45mph
>>> side by side roll. Did good there, but he still pulled on me. Think if
>>> I had shifted down to 1st instead of 2nd I probably would've been able
>>> to keep even, but that would've been the BEST I could hope for.
>>> --
>>> Stephan
>>> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

>>Please tell me you weren't riding the YZF?!?!?! lol

> I was!
>

> --
> Stephan
> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

WTF???

365 lbs, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder, 120
Horsepower, 68.1 ft.lbs Torque, 15,500-rpm redline...

Old May 11th 05, 02:20 AM
Stephan Rose

On Wed, 11 May 2005 00:37:40 GMT, "351CJ" > wrote:

>"Stephan Rose" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:04:40 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Stephan Rose" > wrote

>>>Please tell me you weren't riding the YZF?!?!?! lol

>> I was!
>>

>> --
>> Stephan
>> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

>WTF???
>
>365 lbs, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder, 120
>Horsepower, 68.1 ft.lbs Torque, 15,500-rpm redline...

Yep, that's about right.

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Old May 11th 05, 06:04 AM
Thomas Cameron

"351CJ" > wrote in message
newstcge.6835$Fn1.2422@trnddc03...

> WTF???
>
> 365 lbs, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder, 120
> Horsepower, 68.1 ft.lbs Torque, 15,500-rpm redline...

Nowhere near 120 HP unless it is heavily modded. More like 99 ponies and 43
ft/lbs torque. See http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/01r6.html and
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/m.../01r6dyno.html for more info.

Thomas
'85 RZ500
'99 FZR600
'03 CBR600RR

Old May 11th 05, 06:29 AM
Stephan Rose

On Wed, 11 May 2005 05:04:23 GMT, "Thomas Cameron"
> wrote:

>"351CJ" > wrote in message
>newstcge.6835$Fn1.2422@trnddc03...
>
>> WTF???
>>
>> 365 lbs, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder, 120
>> Horsepower, 68.1 ft.lbs Torque, 15,500-rpm redline...

>Nowhere near 120 HP unless it is heavily modded. More like 99 ponies and 43
>ft/lbs torque. See http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/01r6.html and
>http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/m.../01r6dyno.html for more info.

120 at the crank, 100 at the wheel.

http://www.thebikesite.com/profile_r6.htm

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Old May 11th 05, 04:32 PM

Stephan Rose wrote:

> 120 at the crank, 100 at the wheel.
>
> http://www.thebikesite.com/profile_r6.htm

I'd believe it. At 15,500 rpm, the torque to hp conversion factor is
3.0 (15,500/5252). So 120 hp would require only 40 lb-ft of torque.

180 Out