Is RBR free now?

Old January 15th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ichibod

Default Is RBR free now?

Found this link on another forum to get 2009 update for RBR and find links
there to download the complete game.

http://www.rallyesim.fr/forum_rlsm_e...opic.php?t=631

Is it now free or what?

Old January 16th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:47:57 -0800, Ichibod wrote:
> Found this link on another forum to get 2009 update for RBR and find links
> there to download the complete game.
>
> http://www.rallyesim.fr/forum_rlsm_e...opic.php?t=631
>
> Is it now free or what?

Not that I'm aware of, I saw it in the bargain bin in a local shop
about six months ago. This of course means that it may have turned
"Abandonware" by now.

hoover

Old January 16th 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ichibod

"hoover" > wrote in message
e...
> Not that I'm aware of, I saw it in the bargain bin in a local shop
> about six months ago. This of course means that it may have turned
> "Abandonware" by now.
>
> hoover

That site is mostly in French so hard to follow. I went back and digested
what I could and it looks like it is some massive mod for RBR. I don't have
the game but downloaded it anyway. I'll run the installer later and see what
the results are. My guess is that it is going to want to see a RBR previous
install, which I don't have.

Old January 18th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
JT[_3_]

"Ichibod" > wrote in message
> "hoover" > wrote in message
> e...
>> Not that I'm aware of, I saw it in the bargain bin in a local shop
>> about six months ago. This of course means that it may have turned
>> "Abandonware" by now.
>>
>> hoover

> That site is mostly in French so hard to follow. I went back and digested
> what I could and it looks like it is some massive mod for RBR. I don't
> have the game but downloaded it anyway. I'll run the installer later and
> see what the results are. My guess is that it is going to want to see a
> RBR previous install, which I don't have.

You are correct.

Old January 20th 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ichibod

"JT" > wrote in message ...
> You are correct.

Have you played the mod? Hopefully Gog.com will start selling the game one
of these days so I can finally own it.