iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

Old December 17th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

Default iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

Ed Medlin wrote:

> Fascist.....lol. When there are at least several dozen professional
> drivers using iRacing right now including Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jacques
> Villenueve among many others that don't seem to have problems I sure
> don't worry. It is a very nice global community and very enjoyable.
>
> Ed

Yea, but there are people in the world who must keep their identity
hidden for one reason or another. Ever think of that? Not saying I need
to but am saying it is just wrong to enforce the using of real names. If
you can't see why it is wrong then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Old December 17th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Jonathan Mars" > wrote in message
> Ed Medlin wrote:
>
>> Fascist.....lol. When there are at least several dozen professional
>> drivers using iRacing right now including Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jacques
>> Villenueve among many others that don't seem to have problems I sure
>> don't worry. It is a very nice global community and very enjoyable.
>>
>> Ed

> Yea, but there are people in the world who must keep their identity hidden
> for one reason or another. Ever think of that? Not saying I need to but am
> saying it is just wrong to enforce the using of real names. If you can't
> see why it is wrong then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Give us some examples of someone who needs to keep their ID a secret.

Old December 17th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Jonathan Mars" > wrote in message
>> Ed Medlin wrote:
>>
>>> Fascist.....lol. When there are at least several dozen professional
>>> drivers using iRacing right now including Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jacques
>>> Villenueve among many others that don't seem to have problems I sure
>>> don't worry. It is a very nice global community and very enjoyable.
>>>
>>> Ed

>> Yea, but there are people in the world who must keep their identity
>> hidden for one reason or another. Ever think of that? Not saying I need
>> to but am saying it is just wrong to enforce the using of real names. If
>> you can't see why it is wrong then you need to wake up and smell the
>> coffee.

> Give us some examples of someone who needs to keep their ID a secret.

I guess if someone worked for the CIA or something it would be an issue, but
I am sure that they would be able to get access to a credit card under
another name if they wanted......:-). I really don't think iRacing is
targeting that market much anyway.....:-)

Ed

Old December 17th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On Dec 16, 11:58*pm, Jonathan Mars > wrote:

> Yea, but there are people in the world who must keep their identity
> hidden for one reason or another. Ever think of that? Not saying I need
> to but am saying it is just wrong to enforce the using of real names. If
> you can't see why it is wrong then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You're absurd non-argument ("for one reason or another" - oh yea. I'm
convinced) would apply to ANY activity. I guess that you can tell me
of real race drivers or athletes who compete under a nickname?

You're simply whining that people want to stay anonymous in the cyber-
world. Fine go ahead, but iRacing is a step between a virtual world
and real world.

If you can't see why people sometimes need to be accountable, wake up
and smell the coffee.
Old December 17th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> Give us some examples of someone who needs to keep their ID a secret.

Off the top of my head, George Bush.

Old December 17th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

"Ed Medlin" > wrote in message
>I really don't think iRacing is targeting that market much anyway.....:-)

You assume all of them are not gamers. I think you assume wrong. They are
just people with the same likes and desires as anyone else. Even Britney
Spears ahs to wipe her ass after taking a dump.

Old December 17th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jonathan Mars

"Bob Simpson" > wrote in message

You're simply whining that people want to stay anonymous in the cyber-
world. Fine go ahead, but iRacing is a step between a virtual world
and real world.
-------------------------------

Anyone who thinks the internet is a warm and fuzzy place and there are no
dangers to divulging your real name online is a complete ****ing idiot.
There are some people who would be alive today if they were not so naive as
to divulge their identity online. Get a clue moron.

Old December 17th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

BTW, plowprick, I've just been sent a questionnaire from iRacing, so they
clearly think there is be room for improvement that may lead to them
collection more money, even if a complete **** like you doesn't.

<FANBOY RANT SNIPPED>

Old December 17th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On Dec 17, 12:11*pm, "Jonathan Mars" > wrote:

> Anyone who thinks the internet is a warm and fuzzy place and there are no
> dangers to divulging your real name online is a complete ****ing idiot.
> There are some people who would be alive today if they were not so naive as
> to divulge their identity online. Get a clue moron.

You're incredibly paranoid. This might have happened, what, one time
out of 50 million? People get seen in public all the time. Don't you
think someone can follow you home from a restaurant? Or do you sneak
out the back door of every public building?

No point in this argument as this name calling and profanity pretty
much IDs you as an immature child, chronologically or mentally.
Old December 17th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Jonathan Mars" > wrote in message
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>
>> Give us some examples of someone who needs to keep their ID a secret.

> Off the top of my head, George Bush.

.........or how about off the top of his head with a flying shoe?

So anyway, if Georgy Peorgy went iRacing, apart from the probable
humiliation of his hopeless incompetence as a simmer, what would be the big
danger? And as Ed pointed out (which is what my question was leading to
anyway), would it be hard for George to arrange a fake ID? Come to think of