A3 Water leak in boot

Old November 1st 04, 10:01 PM
Chris Bartram

Default A3 Water leak in boot

Thought I'd share this in case anyone else has this: My A3 has suffered
this *every year* when the weather gets worse and the roads dirty.

Symptom 1: Spare wheel well full of water

Sympton 2: Right-hand side compartment (behind the boot side trim) also
full of water.

The solution is really simple- up behind the rear bumper on the right
hand side there's a drain bung: it's the type that's supposed to allow
water to drip out but not let any back in. Don't ask me why but this
keeps getting blocked with road dirt. If you flex it a bit the water
runs out, but the best thing to do is pull it out and wash it. There was
a good couple of pints of water in total- it overspills the side
compartment and fills the spare wheel well. You can't see anything amiss
until you lift the boot carpet and wonder why the spare wheel has
condensation on it.......

Water Leak from Headlamp Washers Will Downie Alfa Romeo 0 November 18th 04 11:29 AM
147 Water Leak, Advice needed? Paul Woodsford Alfa Romeo 2 August 31st 04 02:15 PM
Preventative Water Pump Replacement on 1.8T Engine? Don Borowski Audi 3 June 14th 04 03:49 PM
Coolant leak help... Quattro Audi 3 June 7th 04 10:24 PM
'97 Audi A6 water pump replacement rong Audi 1 May 27th 04 05:35 PM