honda accord 2006 lx v6--color availability in various states?

Old January 26th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default honda accord 2006 lx v6--color availability in various states?

Hi All:

I'm checking into getting a new 2006 Honda Accord LX V6. I am wanting
to get it in the Royal Blue color.

A local Honda dealer here in North Carolina has told me that no dealer
in NC has the Accord LX V6 in the royal blue color. The dealership is
very reputable and I'm not doubting what he said but was just curious.
He didn't say why this was. I'm not sure if it just happens that no
Honda dealer in NC has it in inventory (would seem unusual) or if
Honda only sends certain colors to certain states or regions in the
US.

He did say that he could order the Accord LX V6 in this color for me
but that it would take 2 to 3 months to arrive. He didn't say if this
would be ordering it directly from manufacturer or if he would be
trying to locate it thru an out of state dealer.

I had never heard of certain vehicle colors only being available in
certain states before and was just curious what colors Honda
distributed to what states or how this worked.

Can anyone provide more information? Would be interesting to know
what colors are available where.

Thanks!
Drew

Old January 26th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Sometimes new colors aren't released immediately. You might just call up
Honda and ask if the color is available yet.

Old January 26th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The color is available. The dealer indicated he could get it from
elsewhere. He just didn't say whether that meant from Honda or
another dealer. He seemed to be saying that no dealers in NC had the
color but that it was available and in production. Don't think its a
question of the manufacturer not having released it yet.

Thanks
Drew

Old January 26th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The color is available and I have seen a few of them around the roads just
outside of Philadelphia. What I have noticed in the past few years is that you
don't see a lot of blue Accords on any Honda dealer lots (at least in PA) . It
would seem that the color isn't that popular, or that Honda thinks it isn't that
popular. Most people would just choose a different color but if it were up to
me, I'd wait for the blue.

Nick