I want one...

Old December 23rd 09, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
phaeton

Default I want one...

On Dec 23, 5:12*pm, "Mike Hunter" <Mikehunt2@lycos,com> wrote:
> I guess we can assume you do not live in Texas, if that is what you believe
>

> "phaeton" > wrote in message

I wouldn't say I believe it. My dad has always had a truck, and I
have a truck, and we both park them out front. I find my truck to be
quite handsome, actually, and the chicks dig it too.

And no I don't live in Texas. Though I'm sure it'd be a nice place to
visit this time of year.

-J
Old December 23rd 09, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:38:18 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:28:14 -0500, Hachiroku ???? > wrote:
>
>>http://www.kisberenterprises.com/por...studebaker.JPG

> That's a very sweet ride. Generally I don't like cars/trucks of that era
> but that truck is really nice.

If you look on further, you see that I saw one in am old movie. SWEET!
What a great looking truck. If you redid it today with a modern suspension
I bet it would handle good as well.

Had a chance to pick up (again, no pun intended...) one of these for a
HUNDRED BUCKS! The steering wheel said, "1903-1953 Ford 50th Anniversayr"

I was 16 and didn't know squat about cars. Been kicking myself ever since...

http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/S/B/1/1953F-100_01.jpg

Old December 23rd 09, 11:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:12:02 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

> I guess we can assume you do not live in Texas, if that is what you
> believe
>

> "phaeton" > wrote in message
> On Dec 23, 2:45 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>> Hachiroku ???? wrote:
>> >http://www.kisberenterprises.com/por...tudebaker/39st...

>> Ah, yes, the Coupe Express. quite possibly the most beautiful pickup
>> truck ever made. I don't blame you for wanting one, but if I come across
>> one for a reasonable price, I apologize in advance for not calling you.
>> (I'll probably rip the motor out and put in a later 245 flathead six
>> though - or if it's a real dog, a Stude 289 V-8)
>>
>> nate
>>
>> --
>> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

> It's funny how that up until the semi-recent "truck craze" that pickup
> trucks were considered "unsightly" and it was a serious community offense
> to park one out in front of your house.
>
> -J

I still don't like them, but they have their uses. Especiallly when they
look as good as this Stude.

Old December 23rd 09, 11:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:29:49 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:

> Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:

>>> I must be a redneck then (hey, THERE'S a shocker) because where/when I
>>> grew up, everyone had at least one pickup or SUV (before the term was
>>> coined) in their driveway. My dad had both a '73 Chevy pickup and a
>>> '76 IH Scout II. (still has 'em both, actually, although the Scout
>>> hasn't passed safety in a decade or more - typical IH rust.)
>>>
>>> nate

>> I made the mistake of installing DirecTv, and getting TCM. One of the
>> "One Reel" features they showed was a ferrier (Horse-shoer for those in
>> Rio Linda) going around shoeing horses for movie stars, and he had one
>> of these with a cap on it. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it
>> looked like a Merc of a Lincoln from the late 30's. Well, they didn't
>> make a truck so I Googled 1939 truck, and one of the first things that
>> came up was a stude! YUP! That's it. With the cap it looked like a car.
>> What a cool looking truck!
>>
>> I fugured if I posted this in 'rec' you Stude guys would pick up (no pun
>> intended) on it!
>>

> Hudson had a cool pickup too back in the day, although theirs was more of
> a full size truck rather than an ur-El Camino like the Stude CE
>
> nate

Before I realized the one I saw was a Stude, I found this:

http://image.truckinweb.com/f/editor...dson-truck.jpg

Yeah, that's kind of neat lookin' too!

Old December 23rd 09, 11:55 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:00:10 -0800, in2dadark wrote:

> On Dec 23, 4:19 pm, Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:

>> > You and the OP...

>> Thanks a lot, guy. Why do you say that? I think it's a cool looking
>> truck!- Hide quoted text -

> Usually when you start a post with ' I want one' I'm glad to see
> something really cool and I usually agree.. But I'm just not a fan..
> Obviously it's an aquired taste....

LOL! Usually I'm pointing to a sports car or a 'classic' Toyota.

Fooled you this time, eh?

Hey, wait. Last one was one of those "new" Ford vans (that has been on
sale in Europe for years). This is certainly cooler than that van.

And once was a Divco milk truck. I STILL want one of those!

Old December 24th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

1946/1947 Ford pickup truck, Mack pickup truck, International Harvester
van like the one Clint Eastwood was riding in, in the Escape from
Alcatraz movie, Crosley station wagon, Divco milk truck, I want one
each.Heh, I am not hard to please.

When I was in the Army, I saw some DeSoto trucks.
cuhulin

Old December 24th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

There is a snooty suburb city of Oklahoma City,,, people who live in
that suburb city are not allowed to park their pickups in their
driveways/in plain sight.They have to park them in an enclosed garage.
cuhulin

Old December 24th 09, 02:44 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Tim Wescott

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:07:10 -0800, phaeton wrote:

> On Dec 23, 1:28 pm, Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:
>> http://www.kisberenterprises.com/portals/0/

Vehicles/39studebaker/39st...

> Nice!
>
> Any historical reasons why it resembles a 39 Ford, or is that all
> coincidental?

The same reason that all cars looked like melted jelly beans ten years
ago -- fashion. I can date an American car from the '30s pretty
distinctly just looking at a rear corner, but I need to see the front to
know the brand (and I'm weak on anything other than Fords & Chevys).

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Old December 24th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Speaking of which,,, Escape From Alcatraz movie has just now started on
the AMC tv channel.
cuhulin

Old December 24th 09, 04:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Mike Hunter[_2_]

When a Texan tells you to "get into his CAR," he means his TRUCK