Seeking full motion system

Old April 9th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pierre Robitaille

Default Seeking full motion system

"Steve Blankenship" <steveNOSPAMblankenshipATcomcast.net> wrote in
:

> Indeed; that level of equipment isn't targeted directly at consumers
> anyway, but it intended for high-end arcade and corporate
> applications. After all, the bulk of the development on the Moog FCS
> platform itself was done for customers like Boeing and Airbus.

I know.
The company I work for, worked with Moog to help them develop
this motion platform. At one point, we were going to offer it
as part of a "cheaper" motion system on our entry-level
full-flight simulators. Not sure what happened though...
Old April 12th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Asgeir Nesoen

This rig seems to be rather limited in terms of "full motion system",
since it never uses gravity to simulate braking and turning forces... It
just shifted back and forth and sideways, and this yields no feeling of
cornerning force or braking force.

If I'd want one, I'd go for a rig that gives me MORE feedback than just
sitting in front of the screen...

The stuff found at http://www.force-dynamics.com/ seems to be a better
deal, you can fit it in a normal medium sized room in a normal house
(hehe), oh did I forget: They have made a plugin for rFactor that pulls
out the physics engine data you need to simulate G-forces using gravity
to that purpose.

One of those with a G25 (which we all own in the first hand), and I
would spend a family-threatening amount of time in it, surely. This rig
is on my list right after the grand piano. :-D

---A---

Old April 12th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Asgeir Nesoen enlightened us with:
> This rig seems to be rather limited in terms of "full motion system",
> since it never uses gravity to simulate braking and turning forces...
> It just shifted back and forth and sideways, and this yields no
> feeling of cornerning force or braking force.
>
> If I'd want one, I'd go for a rig that gives me MORE feedback than
> just sitting in front of the screen...
>
> The stuff found at http://www.force-dynamics.com/ seems to be a better
> deal, you can fit it in a normal medium sized room in a normal house
> (hehe), oh did I forget: They have made a plugin for rFactor that
> pulls out the physics engine data you need to simulate G-forces using
> gravity to that purpose.
>
> One of those with a G25 (which we all own in the first hand), and I
> would spend a family-threatening amount of time in it, surely. This
> rig is on my list right after the grand piano. :-D
>
> ---A---

How are you gonna sim on a grand piano? Move it up on your list AG, now.
:P

Old April 12th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Peter[_1_]

In article >, says...
> This rig seems to be rather limited in terms of "full motion system",
> since it never uses gravity to simulate braking and turning forces... It
> just shifted back and forth and sideways, and this yields no feeling of
> cornerning force or braking force.
>
> If I'd want one, I'd go for a rig that gives me MORE feedback than just
> sitting in front of the screen...
>
> The stuff found at
http://www.force-dynamics.com/ seems to be a better
> deal, you can fit it in a normal medium sized room in a normal house
> (hehe), oh did I forget: They have made a plugin for rFactor that pulls
> out the physics engine data you need to simulate G-forces using gravity
> to that purpose.
>
> One of those with a G25 (which we all own in the first hand), and I
> would spend a family-threatening amount of time in it, surely. This rig
> is on my list right after the grand piano. :-D

Trouble is that force dynamics' rig was so damned expensive, originally
been advertised for 20,000 US dollars. I notice now that I cannot seem
to find any kind of quoted price for the thing on their website. Wonder
why? ;-)

--
Pete Ives
Old April 25th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Asgeir Nesoen

I think they had a baseline system without wheel, pedals, cannon etc etc
going for 10k USD... Within reach, in other words...

I think they'd actuelly be able to sell a few thousand of a model in
that price range, because that is actually within reach of a sim racing
enthousiasts economy...

A 20k USD model would sell just a tiny fraction of what the 10k model
would do, IMO.

---A---

Perpetual Motion Car Rodan Technology 2 October 7th 06 05:27 PM
automatic transmision, shifting while car in motion ? Rob B Technology 13 December 3rd 05 05:57 AM
Golf V6 Four motion engine REMUS VW water cooled 0 July 15th 05 01:54 PM
Rear Motion Noise brindleiu Audi 6 February 13th 05 06:59 PM
Extreme NASCAR Motion Simulator [email protected] Simulators 2 December 7th 04 09:43 PM