PING ßill Hughes --- Adjustment tool for Quadrajet

Old January 7th 05, 03:29 AM
Rich Hampel

Default PING ßill Hughes --- Adjustment tool for Quadrajet

Am looking for the tool used to adjust the main metering rod on a
Rochester 2SE carburator .... the tool that you use to change the
mixture while the carb is ON the engine. Would probably be the same
tool used on a Q-jet. Any ideas of where I can locate/purchase sucn an
animal? Use to be available for about $30 .. about 20 years ago.
Old January 7th 05, 04:13 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Rich,
Rochester 2SE: http://www.carburetorfactory.com/expvw24.html I
don't know of a special tool for the metering rods, we just changed them
from their outside plate on the old AFBs, to richen them for the drag
strip. As far as I know no one bothered with the Quadrajet, it was made
for Kalifornia's SMOG cars with it's puny primaries, float bowl, and
problematic needle valve, what a POS: valve.
http://www.carburetorfactory.com/expvw27.html Other than it made me lots
of money rebuilding them as stuff would bypass the spring loaded fuel
filter, and jam the valve open.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 7th 05, 04:59 AM
bllsht

In message >, "Rich Hampel" wrote:

>Am looking for the tool used to adjust the main metering rod on a
>Rochester 2SE carburator .... the tool that you use to change the
>mixture while the carb is ON the engine. Would probably be the same
>tool used on a Q-jet. Any ideas of where I can locate/purchase sucn an
>animal? Use to be available for about $30 .. about 20 years ago.

Being in California, I rarely worked on the 2SE, but I believe it's the same
tool for the E2SE. Snap-On made the tool I have. Will have to check the number
on it tomorrow.

Old January 8th 05, 04:51 AM
bllsht

In message >, "Rich Hampel" wrote:

>Am looking for the tool used to adjust the main metering rod on a
>Rochester 2SE carburator .... the tool that you use to change the
>mixture while the carb is ON the engine. Would probably be the same
>tool used on a Q-jet. Any ideas of where I can locate/purchase sucn an
>animal? Use to be available for about $30 .. about 20 years ago.

Snap-On S6136A. 2.5mm double "D" available online for $17. This was used on
the E2SE, and if my memory is correct, the 2SE also.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all

Snap-On S6135A. 2.5mm hex. I have this but don't recall using it.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....&group_ID=1441
Looks like you can only get this one as part of 2005ACS shown he
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....&group_ID=1441

Old January 8th 05, 03:33 PM
Rich Hampel

Thats it. Thanks